Harman Kardon HK 650 Integrated Amplifiers

4.88/5 (8 Reviews)

Submitted by jexmark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
This amp plays around with whatever I throw at it. It have been tortured with everything from cheap $200 speakers to expensive Cerwin-Vega speakers with 12" woofers and it handles the excellent with great punch and clarity. Until this day I have not found any flaws! Great strength and power in this amp.

Purchased At:   Got it for my birthd

Submitted by snuffles a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought these for 2600 skr,I would have paid much more...
The sound is excellent, warm and detailed
The power is overwhelming, you will not
have any problem with "cranky" speakers,
this baby will hold them at a thight grip, letting them sing out like they should ! and with the Wega speakers, the bass blew my roof off...damn...at this price, buy...

the system: Hk 650 hooked up to a Sony CDP-XB740 cd and with both audio pro black diamond speakers as well as Cerwin wega E715...

Purchased At:   a internet auction s

Submitted by Jimmy Myhrman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
I like the sound and the power of this amp a lot, but the fact that it lacks relays on the inputs results in some leaking between the different inputs. For example, if you listen to an input with nothing connected to it, you can hear (although very quitely) the sound from the other inputs. This annoys me a lot, so I'm going back with it to the store. Next thing to try now is the NAD C350 (which is also a little bit cheaper).

At this price, I would except relays (thus my 4/5 rating). Otherwise it's a great amp. Although the remote doesn't look very good, it is fantastic - you can point it in pretty much any direction without problems. No need to point it right at the amp like with a few others. Build quality of amp is great as well, but personally I don't like black fronts very much.

Purchased At:   "Stereo"

Submitted by Alex a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
A first class product that makes listening a pure pleasure.

Submitted by Mark Wunnibaum a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought my H/K650 nine mmonths ago and still I am really impressed of it! I tested it together with these following components: B&W speakers, sony CD-player, MIT 6.1 analouge signalcable and Terralabs speakercable.
The bass became very detailed and the high tones sharp but not noisy. All in all the sound was soft and clear.

This little nice integrated amp. is by far the most well sounding unit I have ever lisned to in this pricelevel.
It made the speakers so much better than the avr300 did.
The avr300 made the bass sound more diffuse and the tweeters sounded rather noisy.

Honnestly I cannot give this amp. less than five stars out of five.

Purchased At:   HI-FI & Telefon, Bremen