Creek Audio 5350SE Integrated Amplifiers

4.51/5 (45 Reviews) MSRP : $1500.00

90 Watt per channel integrated amp.

Submitted by Ed a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2011

Bottom Line:
Wonderful. I've owned many, many amps in my days and this does it right.

Submitted by Clark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2011

Bottom Line:
This amp is overrated. His sound is very boring and relaxed. I do not recommend.

Submitted by 11rufus11 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought this Integrated amp used for $650. I have had it for over a year now. I am astounded by the quality of sound every time I listen to my music collection. I will only describe the sound as extremely pleasing. I have not grown tired of the sound at all over this past year. This is a keeper for sure!

Submitted by msr_atty a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2010

Bottom Line:
I tend to think that some people who have dissed this amp are either listening to a defective unit or are listening to poor recordings. A common problem with the amp has been the drop out of one channel or the other, which can explain comments regarding a truncated soundstage or a problem with imaging. I had that problem for some time, until I finally had the ribbon cable removed and the amp hard-wired. In my subsequent experience, this amp is sweet and transparent, and has a very deep and wide soundstatge. It also is adept at imaging. Any shortcomings relate to sheer volume and oomph, which is a common complaint with passive SS integrated amps. It is definitely not a tube amp either. This is definitely an amp for those of you who listen mainly to jazz and classical music. It is very natural sounding - that could be good or bad depending on the kind of music you listen to. The amp is also quite revealing - and if the recording is poor, the amp will sound harsh. Try listening to SACDs and then tell me this amp sounds harsh! It is definitely one of the better SS integrated amps out there under $3k. As for the Creek Destiny, I understand that some techies (I mean people who actually repair the amps, have compared the sound over long periods of time and have no axe to grind ) actually prefer the sound of the 5350SE to that of the Destiny.

Submitted by Arthur Gorniak a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2009

Bottom Line:
Hello,
I decided to write this review as there is a lot of misconception surrounding this amplifier. Let me start from the scratch - I bought this unit because of the rave reviews it was getting everywhere in US, without even listening to it. When the unit arrived I connected it to my Spendor S5e speakers and left it on for a week. My source was Arcam FMJ CD36 that fed the signal to Creek through Cardas Quadlink 5C interconnects. I listen to a lot of jazz (Miles Davis, Coltrane,Jan Garbarek,Tomasz Stanko,Dave Brubeck, Todd Gustavsen,Keith Jarret etc) as well as female vocal (Norah Jones,Diana Krall,Patricia Barber,Cassandra Wilson,Roberta Gambrini,Tracy Chapman,Christy Baron,Sherly Horn,Ella Fitzgerald,) and rock (Robert Plant,Mark Knopfler,Bjork etc). I expected from Creek to project holographic sound stage with warm-smooth sound that will allow me to listen to it for long hours. Boy I was disappointed !!!!!!!! I have never finished listening to "on the corner" session of Miles Davis without headache - this amp sounded dry and very fatiguing!!!!! I have a special room designated to my hi-fi equipment so I knew right away that there is something with that amp that I just hate! If you like warm,smooth sound with deep, holographic sound stage DO NOT BUY THIS AMP - as you will be very disappointed.
This amplifier is rated just average in European magazines which made me ask question why it is so well reviewed here???? Well I bet it has something to do with marketing!!!!
That is not the end of the story - I thought maybe that if I change my cables something will change so I started calling different audio stores and after explaining the problem with Creek sound they all said that that is NORMAL!!!!!! Nobody really like the way Creek sounds but everybody sells them!!!!
BE CREFUL and do a lot of listening before you buy this amp!!! You can buy way nicer equipment used at audiogon for less.
Just to let you know I got Unison research Unico SE new for $1600 and its sounds is simply amazing compare to this overrated Creek product!

Product model year:   2008

Creek A50i 5350SE

These amps look very slick , haven't heard them but looking foward to. I've been reading on how the 5350se produces hum did the company fix the problem?, but what about the a50i, does it have the same issue with the transformer hum? Also, are both of these units sonically different from each othe ... Read More »

Bryston B60 vs. Creek 5350SE

Help! I recently ordered a Bryston B60 and a Rotel 1072 CD player. I loved the sound, and was willing to give a bit on power and spend a bit more than I had expected. Now, after reading the reviews of the Creek 5350SE, I am having a bit of buyer's remorse. Or at least a bit of doubt. So h ... Read More »

PANAMAX: