Creek Audio 5250 Integrated Amplifiers

4.56/5 (9 Reviews) MSRP : $795.00

500 Watt Integrated Amp

Submitted by Gene a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
This does what an integrated amp is supposed to, it provides clean, detailed, musical, neutral sound.

The problem is that at MSRP $1195 with remote, it should blow away my MSRP $699 NAD surround sound receiver on 2-channel listening. When you factor in the tuner, pro-logic ability, and extra channels of amplification, it's more like $1195 vs. $299. The Creek was marginally better, providing more detail but that's about it.

The Audio Refinement Complete integrated amp did blow away my receiver and seems like a better buy to me.

Also, it really should be able to accept banana plugs.

Purchased At:   AudioAdvisor.com

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a six month update to my previous review, circa December, 2000. I have since changed speaker wire from the Kimber 4-pr to the much more dynamic Audioquest Type4. The connectors are still Kimber PBJ w/WBT RCA's. Speakers are Triangle Titus XS on Atacama Nexus 6 stands, sand filled and I am using 3 layers of Dynamat sound deadening material between said speakers and stand plate. CD source is a Pioneer Elite PD-65, and line conditioner is a Monster Power HTS-1000. Equipment rack ia a Sanus Euro.

The Creek 5250 SER is still, in my humblest of opinions and in my particular set-up, a beautifully sounding, dynamic, extra smooth, and entirely enjoyable amplifier. Music choices admittedly do not include the likes of Nine Inch Nails or Staind, but with the "Eric Clapton Blues" cd or say William Orbit's "Pieces in a Modern Style", this combo has me smiling in appreciation of it's not so humble accomplishments.

I must also acknowledge Audio Advisor for their great policy of a 30 day trial period. I have purchased many items from them and have sent back many that have not integrated into this system. The Creek 5250SER is not going anywhere. It is the centerpiece around which all revolves. Excellent piece of equipment, in my opinion, of course.

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by Ron Harmon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
Be careful with reviews on these pages. I'm getting a feeling that some folks who write in declaring themselves "audiophiles" lack the judgement and discretionary powers necessary to compare different kinds of equipment. A glance at the rewiews of this product certainly makes me suspect that many people simply have no basis of comparision to adequately judge a range of componentry: just because the 5250 may sound better than the Technics receiver that they recently discarded is no reason to judge oneself an expert in sonic parameters.

Purchased At:   Audio Waves

Submitted by Clarence Breskovic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
My equipment consists of Klipschorns, an Otari CDR-18 professional cd recorder, and a Denon DA-500 DAC. As you can see from the quote below (which I borrowed from a Klipschorn review on this site), it can be difficult to match a solid state amplifier to the Khorns:

"The only drawback is some solid state amplifiers bring out the worst in the KHorns. Too much top end, shrillness (for
lack of a better description) sometimes overbearing. This will all be noticed when playing digital sources, i.e. CD's..."

Over the past 4 years I have tried 9 amplifiers from different companies, including a SET tube amp, and none of them were completely satisfcatory. The SET amp came closest to the sound I was looking for but left me fatigued after about an hour of listening.

Enter the Creek 5250: I have no reservations in rewarding this amp the highest ratings. It is the perfect match for my specific combination of equipment and not only solved all of my listening problems but also greaty enhanced my overall listening pleasure. The clarity, soundstaging, and resolution of the 5250, combined with its dynamic punch, solid bass, and effortless ability to fill a room at reasonable sound levels, finally let me hear just the music and not the equipment. The 5250 "tamed" my Khorns and turned them into extensions of the musical instruments themselves.

Highly recommended amp at the discounted price of $575.

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by Jimbo Jones a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2001

Bottom Line:

I'm extremely happy with the sound of this amp. It's
very clean I can listen for hours.

My only complaint would be the price I paid in 1998, and
that only because of the prices quoted in the previous
reviews.

Purchased At:   Bay Area Audio

B&K 200.5 S2 vs. Parasound 5250 vs. Outlaw 7500

All will cost 1,600 bucks, Outlaw will be new, Parasound is 2 months old, and BK is 4months old. Common sense is telling me to take the Parasound because it's THX certified and has 50 more watts per channel than the other two for the same price (250wpc vs. 200wpc). BK statistically has the highest ... Read More »

TARA LABS: