Creek Audio 4340 Integrated Amplifiers

4.8/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $600.00

Submitted by reflection a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have tried some models of integrated amplifiers - nad, marants, teac, rotel at the same price. But only creek made me ok with low tones and details of music. I even heard several singers' breathings I haven't realized. I used creek with castle tay.

Purchased At:   creek audio 4330r

Submitted by M. Macedo a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 12, 1999

Bottom Line:
This is a minimal amplifier, and you'll see why from the very moment you switch it on - all the money was invested in the sound. This is a great, and very musical, design. I use it with a Rega Planet and a pair of ProAc Tablette 50s and it does the job perfectly, belying its different price-tag. No comparison with my ancient NAD amp: the Creek beats it (and the new NAD designs) hands down. As a matter of fact, it's hard to believe an amp this cheap can sound so good.

Submitted by ts a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 15, 1999

Bottom Line:
Just purchased the Creek 4330R and simply thrilled!! I am using it to power a pair of B&W CDM7se's in a moderately-sized room (18x12x8) and I must say even at 40 wpc, there is plenty of power to spare. What's really incredible about this amp is its smoothness and amazing low-level detail. I am immensely satisfied with this product and would recommend it without hesitation!

Submitted by Brad a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have been listening to integrated amplifiers (I do have a budget) lately that have included the Creek 4330R ($595), Classe' CAP-80 ($1350), Acurus DIA-100 ($1200), Rotel 970BX ($495) and the Denon something? (who cares)($795). Obviously I have looked at a wide range of prices and quality. At 40W/ch I did not think it would have the power I was looking for, but it blew away the 70W Rotel and 100W Denon. Not only in shear power but no comparison in sound quality either. In the store I was able to turn the volume control to about 2 O'Clock before I detected sound degredation. Because they were at different stores I could not directly compare the Classe', Acurus and Creek but all had (by my standards) good sound quality and power to justify a home demo of each.
As soon as you listen to the Creek it is obviously the choice for value. I am not sure there is an amp on the market that comes close to it for value. I still have some doubts about the power (I like it loud sometimes and have a large listening room). Even though I say I have some concerns for power it is actually quite loud. When I move into my new home next week I will home demo to see what works for me but there is no doubt most listeners will love this amplifier for it's sound quality, value AND volume.
Something very interesting about this amp is that you can buy this one and have some great sound w/remote for $595 then if you want more you can run a similar Creek A43 and have a dual mono setup running through the 4330R's pre-amp. I would like to demo this, but, at that price range I might just go with the Classe' or the Acurus.
The only negative I can say is "she aint pretty." There is no doubt the money was invested in the sound rather than the looks. I personally would pay an extra $100 or so just to get the killer looks of the Acurus.

With all this in mind I rate the Creek 4330R as follows:
Sound Quality: 5
Power: 4
Value: 5+
Looks: 2 (It could be worse)
I'm sure I'll be slammed by the "Audiophiles" for rating "looks", but shouldn't it look good even at $600?

I am waiting for the more powerful Creek 5250 to arrive and demo but the value may be lost to at a $900 price tag. Give this one a try, I may buy it yet even though the company slogan should be "Don't look at it, LISTEN to it!" If I do buy it I'll hide it somewhere.

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener

Submitted by B. Marley a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 14, 1997

Bottom Line:
In fact I would like to know your opinion about this integrated amp.I'm still hesitant to choose between this and the NAD amp. pricing under $500.
In my opinion after listening to both, Creek had a better sound resolution but has no sound control.
Thanks