Copland CSA-14 Integrated Amplifiers

4.18/5 (17 Reviews) MSRP : $2200.00

60 watts

Submitted by stevebatt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2006

Bottom Line:
System: Townshend Elite Rock, Modified RB250 and Goldring 4200.
Marantz CD63se II KI sig. Castle Howards.

I replaced a mission Cyrus 2 / PSX with this amp and have never looked back - Soundstage widened, huge improvement in clarity and dynamic range. Partnered with the Howards the bass is tight and well controlled, admittedly these are quite an easy load, but I have stuck with this setup for nearly 10 years now because it would cost so much to realise such a large leap in performance.

Female vocalists may as well be in the room ! Awesome.

Purchased At:   pouns uk

Submitted by Paul Mestrom a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2004

Bottom Line:
Only a few words: what a sound!! I used this amp after a Marantz PM80SE, an Audiolab 8000a; and a Marantz SR 7200 (a pityful sidestep to surround!!)What a good feeling to be back at "normal" stereo. As a professional conductor I was alway looking at devices that gave me the musical expression and emotion that is included (hopefully) in every performance. Whit this amplifier I can hear that emotion and judge a performance after its musical parameters without being bother to listen to electronics!

Purchased At:   2nd hand

Submitted by Art Burt a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have had this integrated for over 3 years now and it is still in my system while everything else has changed. I have had 1500 dollars of upgrades done to this Copland and it sounds incredible. It is rated at 67 watts per channel but like others have said, that is underrated. I recently purchased a pair of Focus Audio FR78's which are a very good speaker but hard to drive. The Copland drives them nicely. After the upgrade I took the Copland directly from the technician's shop to Audio Two in Windsor. Glen had a Pre Power Chord playing for several weeks and it sounded terrific. We then put the Copland in and it sounded even better. All who were there at the time agreed that the Copland not only sounded as good but better and it needed some run time to break in the upgrades. The rest of my system is a Meridian 508-24 cd player,Cardas Golden Reference interconnects and Cardas Neutral Reference bi-wired speaker cables.

Purchased At:   Audio Two

Submitted by David Nutkins a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great sounding can rock but better with acoustic music natural vocals with stunning clarity and bags of detail used with sonus faber speakers a great match and very musical makes you enjoy the music not the equipment.

Purchased At:   Acoustic Arts

Submitted by Marcus Schuerstedt a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
I wanted to use the Copland as an interim solution, but know I am really impressed. Just bought a used Martin Logan CLS II. Did not believe the Copland can handle them - but it can!!! And very good. The ML needs lot of power and goes below 2 Ohm. But the Copland just do it. It plays very well. Never expected such a good sound from such a "cheap" solution (I bought the CSA 14 for only $350). It even has a protection circuit - once I did a very loud testdrive of a very deep sound. The Copland just made a click - I thought now I crashed my amplifier - but after a few second it came back to life again. I am listining to vocal jazz and some classic - I can only recommend this amlifier. If one can get a used one for such a special price I did - go for it!

PS: I will exchange the tubes - you can bid for E88CC on ebay.

Purchased At:   privat