Cayin Audio Distribution 265Ai Integrated Amplifiers

40W x 2, Class A amplification, 4 line inputs, 1 balanced input, 1 tape loop, removeable power cord.

Submitted by Cooperman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2013

Bottom Line:
Cayin 265i.
I wanted to get a valve like sound to suit the more relaxed musical style that I enjoy. I couldn't afford High End stuff and quite by chance came across the name of Cayin (unheard of in the U.K. ). By a fantastic stroke of luck a guy just three miles away was selling a Cayin 265i which of course is not valves ( or tubes if you prefer ) but a pure Class A . It needs a good 20 mins to warm up and after that it just gets better and better.

He offered me the chance to come and audition the amp and I knew right away that this was a big step up from anything that I had owned before ( Arcam and Cyrus ).
I loved it so much that I took it to show a local Musical Fidelity dealer and quite frankly he was so impressed that he couldn't justify the £4000 price tag for his nearest equivalent.
I paid £500 for an amp that sounds as good as one costing £4000.

If you ever get the chance to buy one then don't hesitate. They are just fantastic for the money.

Submitted by sleeper a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2009

Bottom Line:
I sold off my separates to downsize somewhat. I have owned alot of very high quality amps and preamps from Levinson, BAT, Plinius, CJ, etc...I can say this, this 40watt Class A amp takes a backseat to none of the ones I mention. Sure if my speakers were really inefficient then maybe so, but this amp drives my Tyler Acoustic D4's very easily. I can go into all the superlatives or ways to describe the sound of this amp but it does everything well. Lots of transparency without being bright, soundstaging front to back and side to side is excellent, air, dynamics, its all there. If your speakers are relatively efficient (88db +) this amp should drive them with no problem. For the money its a no brainer trust me. You WILL like this integrated amp.

Submitted by Marc Bos a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have seen this amp for sale on the web and i fell for the 'pass labs look' of the amp. But i had never heard of Cayin so i started searching for reviews. So i found the reviews posted above me. It looked promissing so i paid the guy 600,- euro three days later the box arrived. What a beauty well build and really heavy i must say. Turning it on: first the volume controle automatically turns itself of (cool) . But the sound, what a sound it shoots the music in to your livingroom even the firts 15 minutes this amp sounds great. But it is a A-class amp so it's getting better and better. I've been listening for an hour now putting cd's in the player hoping they all sound as good as the first one, and they do! I just can't believe what i'm hearing for the kind of money i'd paid for it. I was so impressed that i sold my Marantz cd11le and bought a Cayin cd-17a hoping for the same results. I will review this one later on. But i can tell you it's a real good marriage.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by phracture83 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
Hi,

I have been experimenting with some old school Sansui gear quite some time and loved their sound. Under a whim and an insurge with a bit of money I decided to listen the Prima Luna Prologue 1 which was great, but lacked in a few areas which I could not describe. I then came back to the same dealer and asked what else he had in the same price bracket and he showed me the Cayin and mentioned that he would recommend that to me over the Prima Luna. So I decided to have a Home Demo and all I can say is wow. I truly fell in love within minutes.

The highs were crisper the lows went lower and I only have MA RS1s and my walls seriously do not stop the bass from thundering through them. My biggest things I noticed that when something hit you, it hit you quickly. No felt time delay. Like when a quiet passage came with a large transient the sound would just hit you as a wall, no longer in waves, but in walls. It went from nothing to there right in your face. I would highly recommend this to anyone. I would highly recommend this to everyone.

I have a friend which has the B&W 805s with Classe CAP2100 and he is mind boggled on the price difference in our setups and the minimal differences. He can't believe that such a big sound is comming from such a small budget.

I am currently awaiting for when funds allow to purchase the new MA RX6s and then I believe the sound would truly outshine my friends setup. I believe after the upgrade, he may downgrade in price and upgrade in performance.

Truly Outstanding.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by wd40 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2006

Bottom Line:
Interesting...........I can sell this amp for more than I paid for it?
It would be a foolixh thing to do though.

Do yourself a favou, check these out
Overall rating 5 stars
Value rating? -------for what it cost?.......11***********

Purchased At:   Allied

Please also add Cayin 265Ai Integrated Class A Amp

Manufacturer Name : Spark Electric Equipment Co., Ltd. Manufacturer's Website Address: [url]http://www.sparkaudio.com/indexe.asp[/url] Category: Integrated Amplifier Product Name or Model Number: CAYIN 265AI Price (MSRP) : $1,400 (USD) Link to an Image : [url]http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/vol ... Read More »