Audio Analogue Puccini Integrated Amplifiers

4.83/5 (18 Reviews) MSRP : $795.00

• Power Output: 2 x 40 W @ 8 W / 1kHz / 115 VAC -230 VAC
  • Input: MM / MC Phono, Tuner, CD, Video, Aux, Tape
  • Output: Tape (Impedenza/Impedance: 600W) Speakers/Diffusori ( 4 - 16 W)

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Karlcarl a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2005

Bottom Line:
    Mine is the original Puccini without remote, several years old.

Some say this amp never sounds harsh, that is untrue. With bright speakers like Proac 1SC, I would like to have a much more mellow amp than Puccini is. Despite of that, it is a good buy. I guess it just needs more sensitive and neutral speakers than proacs.

Submitted by ppeter1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2004

Bottom Line:
    My is a Puccini "R".Baught as ex-demo unit(for aprox 700 euro) from dealer who have offered me a home trial.I was little sceptic,because some reviewers recommended it only for classical and jazz music.My musical taste runs from rock of 60's,70's to jazz, and to some "softer" jazzy drum 'n'bass things.(Led Zep.,Jethro,Doors,T.Waits,Miles,Coltrane,Art Ensemble of Chicago,Jarrett,lots of ECM records,LTJ Bukem,Big Bud etc.)
    What can I say:I was so impressed that i have baught the demo unit:it serve ALL my music extremly well,it's sounds full blooded open and warm,lush as a tube amp.It does not have that animal drive from others,instead it shows you what's inside the music with an "aura", only to be find at gears which cost you 3-5 times more !With every other amp.which i have tryed,the rock music from 60-70's sounded thin and vague , but not with the puccini R!Jazz sound very involving and "real" with an extemly "rightness", it's very"musical".Detailed ,refined without becoming bright or harsh whatever you throw on it.It will take the "digital edginess" from your cd collection ,and as it's name suggests:it is audio , ANALOGUE !!!!
    It's a real amp for a real man's world !

If You are in a hunt for a good int.amp.,with an affordable price,put this "wolf in a sheep cloth" on your shortlist!From me it's a clear 5 star and BEST BUY !
    System:Marantz cd6000se
    JM Lab Chorus 715
    Puccini "R"
    Straight Wire Rhapsody int.
    Monster Z 1 LS cable

Purchased At:   L'auditeur,Budapest

Submitted by FatJer a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
    I'm reviewing the Puccini Remote, which is reputed to have more current than the standard non-remote model. I bought it as a demo. from Alan at Audiowaves, an authorized dealer, (www.audiowaves@aol.com) Alan was a pleasure to deal with. Now on to the business at hand. I have made the journey from solid state to tubes, and the difference in sound was worth the extra "Care & feeding" tubes require. However I used to think it would be so great if I could find the musical sound of tubes in a solid state amp. Well guess what boys & girls, the Audio Analogue Puccini is the answer to my question. I know tubes, and the Puccini comes real close while offering better bass control. It has a remote which I did not have with my tube integrateds, and I love the "Stand by" feature wherein the amp does not shut off but disconnects from the speakers until you turn up the sound, and it is ready to play music w/o a long warm up period. It has a phono section which is a real plus. G-d I really like this amp.

Purchased At:   AudioWaves

Submitted by Andre Ferreira a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
    Sure all we work hard for the money, but will it worths?
    If you buy this beatifull piece of electronics ,you will say it worths.
    I had my cd player for repair a week playing my cd´s from a playstation and the beatifull sound from the puccini still was there.
    Allways warm , but perfectly shaped to the source. The perfect slave for the money.
    Beatifull to look and to ear.
    Try it with a good source , I have the A A Paganini feeding mine.Pump up the volume.You can ear it loud for hours.
    Thats not for every kind of amplifier.
    To much solid state based electronics creep me shortly when they play loud.
    Puccini doesn´t.
    Im not a classical music fan.
    Massive Attack "Protection",Nightmares On Wax "Smokers delight", Beck´s "Sea Change" , Beatles " Abbey Road" etc..
    are beatifull to listen with the Puccini. ,
    burn it for 100 hours and listen to it.
    Beatifull.
    Why not? Buy a pair of Castle Acoustics Conway 3 and enter my world , choose the cables for me.
    Buy it

Bye

Submitted by Marco Gadotti a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
    sto a segnalare l'eccellente prodotto AUDIO ANALOGUE PUCCINI: suono caldo, dolce, dettagliato, perfetto su tutti e tre gli spettri audio. Vero BEST BUY, prezzo eccellente per la qualità che ha... un ottimo prodotto Italiano

Audio Analogue Puccini Settanta

anyone familiar with this integrated? I'm looking around to find a dealer that carries audio analogue but still no luck. Anyone can comment on its sound and how it compares to rotel integrateds?Read More »

Sennheiser: