AMC 3100a Integrated Amplifiers

100W x 2

Submitted by Stax a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
I used to own much more expensive (Audio Research) gear but I changed my priorities since then. I'm now having my fun with this amplifier hooked with a Rotel RCD965BX (somewhat of a legend, if I may) and a pair of Linn Keosas, reviewed here. I chose this amp for it's power and the remote (kidding). Nonetheless, the remote was a factor. This company was started by an engineer who's behind the good old NADs, as I ear, after a nasty disagreement. This product is very similar to a NAD, again ear say. It is transistor, not tube. I can tell you that there is a lot of good to be said for power at that price. The amp does not fall apart in complicated passages (Rock, Classic) and I was a little tired of that, having used small British Integrated in the past (Creek, Sugden A21, QED, etc). There was also no way I would be couth dead with a Sony. Rotel does not have the same refinement in highs (grainy). And I hear NADs are not very reliable. The Marrantz was a possibility, but I heard such a bad review on What-HiFi, that I chickened out. Maybe one would want to take more time on this one, and try the Marrantz... never know. Let's say I don't miss my old QED one bit. So there, I hope this encourages more people to look into this great product.

Purchased At:   Radio St-Hubert