Accuphase E-530 Integrated Amplifiers

• Triple parallel push-pull output stage with power MOS-FETs
  • driven in pure class A delivers quality power: 30 watts per channel into 8 ohms
  • Current feedback principle ensures superb phase characteristics in high frequency range
  • Logic-controlled relays for shortest signal paths
  • Tone controls
  • Large toroidal power transformer provides ample reserves

Submitted by juliana a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2007

Bottom Line:

I normally don't spend writing reviews about audio gears but this time I would like to share my experience of this superv amp with other interests.

I am a huge musicphile having more than a couple of thousand CDs & LPs and definately I seek the DESERVED gears to listen my musics properly.

I had spent really long time to find the right gears & listened more than enough premium gears like Mark Levinson, Krell, Goldmund, BAT, Mcintosh, Marantz... etc.

All were good(However, I didn't like the sound from Krell at all. too tired to listen due to its fowarding sound...) but nothing hit me until I faced this accidentally. I was thinking BAT , Jeff Rowland's Concerto or Mcintosh tube int. amp.

It was really haunting & I just couldn't move when I heard the music of Wagner at a fellow's brooklyn loft studio. ( The size of studio was quite large, probably 1200 sq.ft? with at least 11ft high ceiling & He was using Proac D80 which I was amazed, too.)

As a fellow below mentioned, the number 30w means nothing. This amp can drive anything. The authority of power exceeds any over 100 pound gears like krell or mark levinson 200 to 300w... I am not an engineer so I don't know much about class A system but this has all the merit of tube & solid state. and this never hot just warm.

Finally, if you need this amp, import it yourself. You still save a couple of thousand dollars even after paying tax & shipping. Local elecronic shop can change the Voltage really quick & easy for just $20 to 30. Who buy it from US importer? It's shame we hardly know about this jewel (I really think this is beautiful more than any other gears IMHO).

If you are thinking getting a great int. amp, this is my highest recommendation. This is far superior to any well matched separates and produce any music in most beautiful way.

Oh! I am using B&W 802 now but I hope to change these to Proac D80 near future once my wife approve. ;) Happy listening all of you!

Purchased At:   oversea

Submitted by Gary a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2007

Purchased At:   oversea

Submitted by aab a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
30 watt/channel? This was a major psychological barrier. My speakers (91db) were biamplified with a total of 500 w/ch and I was not satisfied. Music sounded too thin. I started auditioning new amplifiers of all sorts until I came across this (ugly-sorry, just my opinion) integrated amp (I have not had an integrated amp in years) and I was quite impressed. I convinced the dealer to install the amp for testing at home. I listened to it for a week and decided to keep it. This is now around 3 months ago and I could not be happier. The possible volume level (even though I do not listen loud very often) is just incredible. It proofed to me that in most listening situations an amp does not put out more than 0.1 to 1.0 watts.
The soundstage, speed and dynamic of the e-530 is just exemplary. The bass is very present, yet warm. The mids are perfect for vocals and strings and the trebles won't miss anything but never sound harsh.
Most types of music can be reproduced but to my taste, the amp prefers classic. The class A type circut does not leave out any detail.

I later found that this amp retails for so much more money in Europe and the US. Try to import it yourself and save loads. I happen to live in China and Accuphase retail strategy differs here.
I guess I would not have bought it in Europe due to the price tag but I definitely think it is worth even the higher price

Purchased At:   Shanghai Accuphase