Accuphase E-303 Integrated Amplifiers

4.6/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $1785.00

1978-1983 Vintage Intergrated Amp.

Submitted by Red a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2013

Bottom Line:
Had this beauty since 1987. Serviced twice .Modified Disc1 to be utilised as an Aux by the Accuphase specialist in my home state, well worth the exercise.
Can not fault the performance or functionality of E303

Submitted by dehans a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2010

Bottom Line:
It's the best I ever had and probably should ever have. What a machine!!!
Looks like a cheap old transistor, but I've never heard a sound like this!
Use it in combination with Infinity Kappa 9a's and every day I ask myself why they produce nowadays such mess in stead of this beauty. I searched around the world for this one and I own now two of them, and I don't think I well ever sell it.

Submitted by nani a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
I've owned more than two dozen amplifiers already in my 20 years as an audio enthusiast and these include expensive audiophile models I bought and sold after a year of use but I never got to dispose of my Accuphase E-302.

It doesn't sound as sweet as higher-priced British audiophile brands but its overall quality beats most brands I've owned. It has the low frequency depth, mid-range punch and clean high you rarely find in other amplifiers. I understand it was sold at $2,750 in the US when I bought in late '80s in Tokyo but it's well worth its price. It makes all my speakers sound good. Details you don't hear even in expensive brands come out clean on my Accuphase E-302 and Celestion SL600 combination. It also goes well with my old JBL 4311 when I play those hot popular tracks.

I have often thought of upgrading this one with newer and more expensive Accuphase models but everytime I audition one here in Manila or in Tokyo, I can't hear any improvement compared with my E-302. Power at 120wpc at 8 ohms and 180wpc at 4 ohms is sufficient even for big listening rooms.

Purchased At:   shop in Akihabara, T

Submitted by LEANDRO BARUSSO a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
I had an old Kenwood 7100 integrated amplifier which has been very satisfying for years, and a budget Yamaha RX-496 multichannel that is very disapointing from a musical stereo perspective.
Although I heard a lot of good amplifiers in hi fi shops, its the first time I own something sort of "hi end" at home, that necessarily had to be "vintage" so I could afford it. That´s why I can´t actually compare the equipment with other top notch brands.
What I can hear is a distinctively sound, clearly ahead of what mainstream electronics could offer.
It´s best property is the capability of highlighting what is important in each kind of music, as if it had and intelligent brain inside.
I´d like to see how it compares with modern gear of midpriced brands like Rotel, Marantz or Arcam. But I think the only way the audition is valid is at home and linked with your current system.
I´m matching it with a Nakamichi MB-10 cd player, and a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 5i loudspeakers.

Purchased At:   Second hand owner

Submitted by Andre Noten a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
This E303 is my first Accuphase product, and i love it.
I am using it now for six years and i still havent fond a
better one. (except maybe the E407).

Purchased At:   Dusty hifishop