Wadia Digital PowerDAC Amplifiers

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

integrated amp w.built-in DAC 50 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms,digital audio inputs: 1 USB (Type B), 1 optical (Toslink), and 2 coaxial (S/PDIF)

Submitted by Nick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2011

Bottom Line:
I came upon this unit by mistake, was originally looking for a new amp,I have a pair of Mark&Daniel's mini's,I use apple tv in lossless, and my lg blue ray player,was looking to buy a Rogue Coronus amp but came to the conclusion that I needed a better dac,itis always the source so I was pretty much going to buy a Peachtree amp dac combo,but heard that the amp was not up to stuff, then decided on Eastern Electric dac,did some web browsing for a good price and came across the Wadia Power Dac, I called the local dealer here in Michigan and he had one,I went there with my speakers and not beleivening my ears this thing actually drove them so I bought it and am very very happy,If I had deeper pockets I would still get the rogue coronus but wait and get the new dac that wadia is comming out with ,i think it is the same as mine only no amp just a dac,one word of mention is I did have a pair of Nordost blue heaven speaker wire and I replace them after I bought the wadia and what a big and wonderful surprise and they only cost me $88 for a 6 foot pair.I think if you are thinking of a dac you should really consider this one,it has ubs,toslink, and 2 coxail imputs. can download high res high def recordings with this thing,!!!

Submitted by Steve a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
I heard these a couple days ago, with a Wadia transport, and B&W 801s. I can't describe the sound, except to say that it was so utterly real I had a hard time believing I was listening to a stereo. I can't even imagine a better sounding stereo than what I heard, for any price. The fact that an all digital system could sound so good completely shocked me, being a tube/vynil guy myself. If you eer get the chance to hear these, prepare to be amazed. If you own these, know that I'm incredibly jealous. Worth every single cent.

BLG CP024: