Wadia Digital PowerDAC Amplifiers

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

integrated amp w.built-in DAC 50 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms,digital audio inputs: 1 USB (Type B), 1 optical (Toslink), and 2 coaxial (S/PDIF)

Submitted by Jason a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2017

Bottom Line:
So I saw this cool little DAC/AMP combo and read the reviews online which are very good and decided I would give it a try. I was able to purchase one 2nd hand from eBay for $400 that came in the original box/packaging with users manual. After listening to this tiny amp/dac combo, Keep in mind that most DACs cost more than what you can buy this combo for. I cant even believe what it does really. I have 4 ohm Vienna Acoustics Bach Grand speakers that get 50watts and boy do they sing. The sound is truly amazing coming from such a diminutive package. I really like the way it looks and takes up no space at all and can literally be put anywhere. When my wife saw it, she was surprised (pleasantly) so you will get kudos for that. For me though, its about the sound. I cant say enough about this little guy. Run, don't walk to get one and especially at the prices I am seeing they are selling for. Just fantastic!

The only drawback is, no analog outputs. This is strictly digital which for many, including myself, is fine. I run coax from my SACD player and Toslink from my Onkyo Dock and all works out.

Submitted by Nick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2011

Bottom Line:
I came upon this unit by mistake, was originally looking for a new amp,I have a pair of Mark&Daniel's mini's,I use apple tv in lossless, and my lg blue ray player,was looking to buy a Rogue Coronus amp but came to the conclusion that I needed a better dac,itis always the source so I was pretty much going to buy a Peachtree amp dac combo,but heard that the amp was not up to stuff, then decided on Eastern Electric dac,did some web browsing for a good price and came across the Wadia Power Dac, I called the local dealer here in Michigan and he had one,I went there with my speakers and not beleivening my ears this thing actually drove them so I bought it and am very very happy,If I had deeper pockets I would still get the rogue coronus but wait and get the new dac that wadia is comming out with ,i think it is the same as mine only no amp just a dac,one word of mention is I did have a pair of Nordost blue heaven speaker wire and I replace them after I bought the wadia and what a big and wonderful surprise and they only cost me $88 for a 6 foot pair.I think if you are thinking of a dac you should really consider this one,it has ubs,toslink, and 2 coxail imputs. can download high res high def recordings with this thing,!!!

Submitted by Steve a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
I heard these a couple days ago, with a Wadia transport, and B&W 801s. I can't describe the sound, except to say that it was so utterly real I had a hard time believing I was listening to a stereo. I can't even imagine a better sounding stereo than what I heard, for any price. The fact that an all digital system could sound so good completely shocked me, being a tube/vynil guy myself. If you eer get the chance to hear these, prepare to be amazed. If you own these, know that I'm incredibly jealous. Worth every single cent.