Vincent Audio SP-998
Description: <ul> <li>Frequency response: 10 Hz - 50 kHz +/- 0.5 dB</li> <li>Nominal Output Power RMS/8 Ohm: 300W</li> <li>Signal-Noise ratio: > 95 dB</li> <li>Input impedance: 47 kOhm</li> <li>Outputs: 4 x Speaker Terminal</li> </ul>

Submitted by Maurice a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2014

Bottom Line:
I purchased the pair of SP-998 Mono blocks with the so-called Vincent 'premium line' SA-T8 pre-amp to power these beasts. I found the pre-amp to be light and flimsy, not well made and caused alot of interference in the output stages. I lost money and traded it a week later for the solid line SA-94. Firstly, I want to say I am on my third SP-998 due to problems!! and still when they are side by side the blue power lights are brighter than each other by a big margin and it is frustrating in a dark room. There appears to be no quality control in manufacturing.

I bought these powerful amps to run Dynaudio Focus 340 speakers @ 4 ohms, but it is pointless advertising these amps with massive power capabilities!! when Vincent provide a Pre-Amp that is designed to NOT allow you access to the power on tap!! (to protect your hearing) according to the instruction manual that states, 'the pre-amp gain will stop well short of the power available on the amp to protect your hearing'. It is so frustrating!! I like to play loud music and I am being stopped from having access to an amp that on one hand boasts huge power capabilities, and on the other hand the same company sells you a matching product that won't allow you access to the power!!!! I am selling this gear and staying away from Vincent altogether