Threshold S-300 Amplifiers

4.8/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $1800.00

Was Available As Three Different Models From 1980-1994 (S-300 SeriesII / S-300 Stasis / S-300 Stasis A/AB) - 150 Watts

Submitted by saocosaoco a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2008

Bottom Line:
I am not much of an audiophile therefore, I can't not get too technical about this amplifier. All I can say is that is one of the best amplifiers Nelson Pass designed back in the day. I am very glad I purchased this outstanding amplifier. I mostly listen to two channel sound using Klipsch RF-83 and they makes these babies ROCK!!!!!

Submitted by felitopaz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2008

Bottom Line:
I'd recently purchased this wonderful amplifier and sent it to Jon Soderberg for upgrades. He changed the caps, installed Cardas posts and IXYS fast recovery diode.
I hooked it up to my Anthem AVM 30, Marantz DV9600, Klipsch Reference 7 speakers with Dean Wescott crossovers and I played a SACD. All of a sudden I was in heaven listening to the wonderful details this amplifier produces. I use a Classé CAV-150 to drive the center,surround channels, and the lows on the front Klipsch RF-7's. I use the Theshold to drive the RF-7 highs. The sound stage is very open and detailed. I have used Sunfire, Aragon, NAD, Parasound A-21 Halo and this amplifier is by far the best of them all.

Purchased At:   audiogon

Submitted by soundtruth a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
I took out a loan to buy this amp when I listened to it "back then", it was that good. In 1996 I paid $600.00 to have it upgraded to an E version (to the same as an 350E), it remains the best audio investment I have ever made.

Purchased At:   Gala Sound Rochester

Submitted by Neil a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
I heard this amp when I was 15 years old and it blew me away. I just found a used one in mint condition 10 months ago and bought it. I had been listening to many new solid state amps, and this one takes the cake. I'm using it with a Sonic Frontiers Line 1 and Snell D speakers. It sounds beautiful! If anyone has an s/300 in Silver they would like to sell, I would gladly buy another for my second system!

Purchased At:   Used

Submitted by Daniel Tremblay a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
It's a great sounding amp, it has lots of current delivery and doesn't sound harsh, I can leave it on all the time. I have it with an YBA 3 pre-amp and the 2 really sound great. If you can find one go for it, remember to check the main switch.
happy listening