Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Amplifiers

4.46/5 (24 Reviews) MSRP : $3495.00

Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 5 Channel Amp

Submitted by Carlton a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2012

Bottom Line:
FINALLY I have one of these amps and FINALLY I am getting the sound I have known my loudspeakers are capable of !!!The Voltage outputs sounded fine to my ears,but when I switched over the the Current outputs VOILA! The soundstage is HUGE,ESPECIALLY compared to what I had been using previously(a Carver TFM-45)I am VERY happy to FINALLY have one of these amps.
Great bass
Excellent dynamics
Silky smooth highs
Clear,detailed midrange
Very revealing.It seems to just throw the detail at me,but not in a forced way.This amp has me listening to my music collection all over again and discovering new things buried within.
Onkyo PR-SC5508 Pre/Pro/tuner w/UP-HT1 HD radio module
Carver TFM-45(back surround channel)
Carver M-400a (height channels)
Sony KD-34XBR970 Hi Def tube monitor
Polk Mini Monitor Height channels
MIT cabling thoughout

Submitted by saocosaoco a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2008

Bottom Line:

After owning this amp for 1.5 years, and upgrading every other component in my system, I felt it was time to write a review of this tremendous amplifier. This amplifier is outstanding. It faithfully amplifies the signal provided, regardless of the demands of the speaker. I have used a/d/s CM-7s, JM Lab ELectra 905s and now Merlin TSM-Ms, and each of them have sounded their best when connected to this amplifier. As I got into SACD, I started on a quest to upgrade my system, one component at at time, so that I could hear the best music possible, but never considered upgrading the Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Five. This amp is so good, that one day I decided to break out some of me favorite late 60s early 70s SACDs and crank up the volume. My Reference Line Preeminece 1B preamp was almost full blast throughout the listening session of 2 hours, and the amp was just cruising along. I have been into this hobby for 24 years, and I know that a passive preamp is much easier on the amp than an active preamp when cranked up, but the Sunfire was being asked to play at 90% of full volume, and it was some of the best sounding music I have ever heard-no clipping whatsoever. I now have three components that I will not be changing for a VERY long time: Reference Line Preeminence 1B preamp, Sunfire amp, and Merlin TSM-M speakers. If you want to satisfy your ears and your wallet, pick up a used Sunfire 400 and enjoy the music!

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   audiogon

Submitted by felitopaz a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2008

Bottom Line:
This is the best 5 channel amplifier I have ever listened to. Excellent sound for 5.1 home theater movies, 6 channel SACD and stereo ilstening. At 400 watts per channel this baby really rocks the house. If you are in need of a great all around amplifier for your home theater this is the one.

Submitted by gjolund a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
This review is for the 2003 Cinema Seven. After 20 years I finally gave up on my once wonderful sounding Quad 405-2's (I had three of them and their age was starting to show). Listened to a number of different amps (Lexicon, Krell, Theta, Parasound) trying to find a top notch amp for both music and HT. Finally decided on the Sunfire just because I liked the way it sounded (with the Theater Grand Processor III). Its that simple. Worth a test drive.

Submitted by Bugsy2003 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2003

Bottom Line:
This amp is a dream to listen to. Accurate and powerful is how I would describe this amp. It runs cool except when you drive it to ear bleeding levels for 20 minutes or more then it gets warm. It never gets so warm that you cannot hold your hand on top. As for the humming problem I agree these people must have a groung loop problem. My system has no noise at all with the volume high or low. Please read the review I have posted for the TGIII and the True Sig Sub on this sight.
My system: