Sound Valves M-60i Amplifiers

60 Watt Push-Pull Tube Monoblock Power Amplifier (pair)

Submitted by Carolyn Boyles a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
This pair of mono amps was my first excursion into tube amps. I have thoroughly enjoyed them. They produce clean accurate sound. The company is a delight to deal with some of the best customer service I have seen in any industry.

Purchased At:   EBay

Submitted by bert a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2000

Bottom Line:
built it from a kit, great instructions, beautifully packaged, great sound, solid parts, plenty of room for upgrading and tweaking if desired, SOUND AWESOME. In the $1,000 price range considering the wimpy transformers and components other manufacturers use it is a wonder the ST-70 has any competition. EL34 are great tubes but a triode switch would have made the product perfect instead of running AB ultralinear only.

Submitted by Charles Gudaitis a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 18, 1998

Bottom Line:
The M60i scores well with me in very catagory. They are my first tube amplifiers and I have been thoroughly enjoying them. They have bettered my solid state system in their depth of sound stage and richness and depth of tone by a wide margin and make my solid state system sound 2-dimensional and anemic. The M60i's also have more detail and are full range from high frequencies to bass and amazed me by having even more bass. I mean they can take it all the way to the bottom with authority and handle dynamics equally well. They are quite handsome in black with a basic classic chrome chassis design (the chrome is a very nice touch)and have a modern face plate with blue LED bias adjustment lights. Build construction seems first rate. I can highly recommend them.

Wood Technology: