Sony TA-N 55ES Amplifiers

4.38/5 (8 Reviews) MSRP : $580.00

110 Watt Power Amplifier - Bridgeable

Submitted by DaveS a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2011

Bottom Line:
They play well with CV 380SE's and Bertagni flat
panel speakers through a Kenwood C2.
happy here!

Submitted by dkobus a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2004

Bottom Line:
I liked the quality of this amp so much I bought 3. I first had them conected to my Bose AM-5's and some other cheap speakers. I was able to blow up the cheapies at less than half volume.

I then conected 1 each to my 901's and 1 to my DQ-10's. What a concert - sound was crisp and full - Jazz, Blue's, Bluegrass and Rock sounded awesome!! Had a volume war with a guy in a seperate Apt. complex. After the cops left I was the hands down winner for DB and clarity. For my Home Theater I had 1 amp for each set of speakers 901's, AM-5's and the DQ-10's thought I was in the movie not watching it!

Purchased At:   Guam

Submitted by Liem a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this in USA when I was studying there. It sound so great when I connect it to Whaferdale Diamond 8 Centre Channel. Left for high and right for low channel (bi-amp). The vocal was so clear and strong (no mumble dialogue anymore).

Purchased At:   USA

Submitted by timrhu a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
It's a fact. Not all amplifiers sound the same. I was doubtful until I replaced my old war horse with the Sony TA-N55ES.
I had spent years listening to a 200 watt Sansui and when it quit I went looking. My first choice was a used Rotel RB-981. While this amp improved the soundstage greatly, it left me wanting.
I came across this amp at a really good price so I tried it. Wow this amp really gives the details. And it does it without sounding harsh. There is plenty of power for my Paradigm Studio 60s through the Sony. My first impression was that the bass might be a little lean but it is just exceptionally clean and tight. Plenty of punch there.
This is a wonderful amp for the money. It is a beuatiful looking peice with the wood sides (I thought it would look hokey) and is quite impressive to look at inside when you take off the top.
All in all this amp convinced me that each amplifier has a character of its own. The Sony's is clean and tuneful.
I bought another and am trying them bridged. They sound great so far but I haven't had time to listen critically.

Purchased At:   on line

Submitted by Michal Zawada a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is very powerfull, nicelooking piece of power amplifier. The sound is very clear, the micro and macrodynamics are very good. I used to use it without a preamplifier (my SONY CDP-XE530 has regulated output level).
When I turn on this system for a first time I was impressed by beautifull sound. I was afraid of no treble and bass tune. But there is no need of this! The best is when You are listening good mixed jazz music. Maybe there is a little to much of treble... but maybe this is because of my CD player.

CSB 1206 BLK: