Simaudio Titan Amplifiers

• "Class A" output to 5 watts for greater efficiency
  • A high damping factor
  • Designed to be powered up at all times for optimal performance
  • 400 watts per channel into 4 ohms
  • A symmetrical circuit design

Submitted by rsmcphee a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2006

Bottom Line:
Outstanding product from Simaudio. This company seem to be doing things correctly when it comes to sound. This amplifier is basically a 5 channel musical piece. If I didnt have to go back to my MUSICAL FIDELITY KW STEREO SETUP I would not miss it if I had to pick between home theater and stereo. The sound of this amp is lush, detail, and the bass is outstanding. The midrange is not irritating but it is lush and sweet. The highs are extended with good definition and the bass is tight and accurate. I love watching movies with this amplifier and I enjoy the music coming from it too. I have auditioned Krell 5 channel amp, Classe, Parasound, Rotel, Nad master series, Theta, and lexicon. This unit by far wins those comparison by a mile. Simaudio --- cannot go wrong with this company

Purchased At:   Brett interiors

Submitted by anwill a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2004

Bottom Line:
This Amp is the best!!!! It has given so much life to my system even though my system used to be just a Rotel RSX 976 driving everything. I now use my dv8400 Marantz Universal Player throught the Rotel as a processor and the Sim just sounds gorgeous. It is full, detailed and fast. I couldn't ask for anything else. This is after extensive listening with Krell Showcase, and Classe CAV-180. The Krell sound was good but not enough power at 125 watts per channel. The Classe had 150 but sounded a bit warm and fuzzy and not quite as clean as the Krell. The Sim does both and better than both the others. Highly Recommended!

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by dan4375 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2004

Bottom Line:
This amp is basically a 2-channel W-5 made into a 5 or 7 channel multi-channel amplifier.

I auditioned the W-5 before buying the Titan, and was blown away by the absolute clarity of this amp, the bass control, soundstage, and on and on. I auditioned many, many high-end amps before I tried the W-5, and every one would fall short in some area. But the W-5 was audio perfection.

So I bought the Titan without hearing it first, and was relieved upon bringing it home that is sounded exactly like the W-5!
Not only is the Titan incredibly musical, but it is a perfect fit for DVD's as well.
It uses no feedback that reduces the speed of quick noises. This will literally make you jump when a quick noise occurs in a movie, even if you know beforehand that it will occur!
A few other amps also use no feedback, and sound good as well, but not quite as good as the Titan.

In my opinion, this level of top notch audiophile performance at this price is an outstanding bargain.
If a larger audio company was able to offer this level of performance they would likely charge at least $10k.

KLH Titan Series SL1000 Powered Subwoofer

Is it anygood ? It is really cheap $ 89.00. It is a down firing 100 watt 10" powered subwoofer.Read More »

Atlantic Technology: