Samson Servo 260 Amplifiers

• Servo-controlled stereo power amp in two rack spaces
  • Produces 130 watts per channel into 4 ohms
  • Extended 20 Hz To 50 kHz frequency response
  • Independent left/right input Level controls with 41 detents
  • Relay-controlled power-on circuitry avoids speakers "thumps"
  • Balanced 1/4" TRS inputs and unbalanced RCA inputs
  • 1/4" and push-spring terminal outputs
  • Front-panel Clip and Idle LEDs on both channels
  • Bipolar circuit design
  • Convection-cooled design eliminates fan noise and maintenance

Submitted by Finn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2007

Bottom Line:
I purchased a set both the Samson Servo 260 & Samson Servo 170 both off of Ebay deliever to my home from California to Texas for $160.00 total for both including shipping! Best Purchase I've made. I use the Samson Servo 260 to run (4) Kustom Floor Monitors (2) 12" & (2) 10" putting the load at 4ohm on each channel. I use it once or twice a week for concerts with Local and National Label bands. No Problems. The Samson Servo 170 is a back up amp. I mean for the price I got both of them delievered to my door step I couldn't beat the deal.

On a serious Note: If you see one of these Samson Servo-260 for around $100.00 on ebay buy it. It puts out about 140 watts per channel. you can't get a gemsound or gemini amp for that kind of money. This Samson hasn't let me down. No Fan but it has never run hot not even after HOURS of use. I can't complain about the noise from the Fan like some peeps do that own NADY, GEMSOUND.

Submitted by inklip a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2006

Bottom Line:
Sturdy amp I haven't had the opportunity to push into its paces. Sounds full and open with that sense of space that comes from an amp that is ready to give a lot more.

I'm using 3 of these fed from the UREI model 525 3-way electronic crossover. The setup is only in a mid-sized room, so I'm barely kissing the IDLE indicators at full volume. I can't wait to push this setup all the way...

Purchased At:   used