ROTEL RMB-1075 Amplifiers

4.7/5 (30 Reviews) MSRP : $1300.00

120W x 5 into 8 ohms, 200W x 5 into 4 ohms, 180 damping factor.

Submitted by Ricardo Jiménez Salazar a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2012

Bottom Line:
El RMB 1075 es un excelente equipo emplificador, el cual carga de energia a un sistema de bocinas KEF 700 frontales y las Q1 traseras y central. Liberando un sonido muy claro y llena armoniosamente la habitacion sin ningun problema. estoy muy contento por que soporta el volumen alto, sin hacer muecas, aun en peliculas de accion con sonidos Thrue HD y DTS master HD, se distinguen claramente los todos sonidos, incluso en escenas agresivas sin afectar el sonido original.

Submitted by nick778 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2007

Bottom Line:
I bought the RMB-1075 to power my B&W CCM-65 surrounds and an HTM7 center and it was perfect for this application. I upgraded my center to a B&W HTM3S and thought I would have to replace the 1075 with a 1095 or even a RB-1080 to drive the center...B&Ws are power hungry as most eveyone knows.

Instead I used one of the extra channels to bi-amp the HTM3S from my Rotel RSP-1068 (which has two center outputs) and the RMB-1075 does a nice job of producing a wide soundstage, accurate sonics and even good contol over the HTM3S' bass drivers despite only aving a damping factor of about 200.

Had my processor not had the extra center output, I would have needed to upgrade to the RMB-1095 or bought an a RB-1080 for the center speaker. My mains are B&W 802Ds and I power them with Rotel's RB-1090 bi-wired.

Purchased At:   Dealer

Submitted by starguygwb a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2007

Bottom Line:
If you are looking for a nice starter amp for your entry into HT, this is a nice amp to start with. If you are looking for a highend amp to replace your two channel stereo with, save some money for a higher end brand or model. I started with a stereo, Adcom pre-amp, Sunfire amp. Wanted to make the leap into HT, sold both and bought a Marantz HT reciever SR7000. Sounded nice but wanted to get back into separates, looked at Rotel, Krell, Adcom. Rotels sounded great for the price(one day I'll replace the amp with a Sunfire) I have the Rotel pre-pro RSP-1066 and together these pair up nicely. Lots of clean power, ability to render movie soundtracks with ease.

Purchased At:   Almas Hifi

Submitted by smokehouse a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have been meaning to purchase a separate amplifier for some time now and the opportunity to purchase this amp popped up. New, unused for $800, how could I refuse? Up until I purchased it I had been using my Marantz SR-7400 as an all-in-one. I got home, hooked it up and instantly heard the difference. It’s rather hard to explain but the amp wasn’t much louder, just much more clean and accurate. What once was a wall of sound became 5 separate speakers all talking to me at once. I played many different personal reference films but a few that really stood out was the “Diva” scene in The Fifth Element and “The Bridge of Khazad Dum” scene in the extended LotR DVD. Both were played in DTS. I know this is a generic term but I actually heard new details I had never heard before. My rather small HT (15’x25’) sounded like a room twice that size. The detail and little nuances were amazing. I pushed the amp to reference levels and it did not break a sweat pushing my rather hungry B&W’s, it has tons of authority and power. After doing all this it was barely even warm to the touch. Needless to say I am impressed and will not be using the store’s return policy anytime soon.

Short list of my audio system:
Marantz SR-7400 (used as proc)
Rotel RMB-1075
QSC RMX-850 (sub amp)
Marantz DV-6200 DVD player
B&W 601 S3 (front L&R)
B&W LCR600 S3 (center)
B&W 601 S2 (L&R surround)
Type Twelve Audio Monolith subwoofer (2)
Tributaries interconnects

Purchased At:   local dealer

Submitted by kode3 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2004

Bottom Line:
Great product, tons of power even for my power hungry Martin Logan speakers. I use this amp in a 5.1 config, but two channel stereo is great. I would say my old B&K two channel with more power (125.2) was struggling, that's not a problem with the Rotel. I highly recommend it.

Purchased At:   eBay - Private Selle