ROTEL RKB2100 Amplifiers

• Crosstalk/Separation: 70 dB
  • Power Consumption: 450 Watts

Submitted by David a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2015

Bottom Line:
Replaced an integrated Rotel (Ra-980BX) which has the same 100wpc . The RA-980BX had amazing stats, but the newer RKB-2100 has better sound. Both have amazing low end, which fools you into thinking the amp is much larger then it's rating. However, the 2100 is certainly better in the upper end, where it has a more detailed sound with finer seperation and imaging. My guess is you can put that down to newer developed, and more refined parts and power supply components. Rotel has always impressed me with the care they take when choosing parts, and the RKB-2100 is yet another Rotel product that surpasses my expectations. I have used this amp with several pairs of speakers, from power hungry bookshelfs to large tower speakers, and the amp never fails to offer the grunt that is required to drive the speakers properly. All of this while achieving truly excellent fidelity. When I initially purchased the amp, I had concerns that the 100 wpc might be a bit shy, but after many months of listening, the amp never fails to make me smile. I'm glad I did NOT shell out the extra dough for a larger amp, as this amp has always risen to the challenge !

P.S. The amp was purchase in 2013, not 2010 (2010 is the newest menu selection available)