ROTEL RB-1050 Amplifiers

4.7/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $399.00

70 watts x 2 into 8 ohms, daisy chain link out, input trim, 12V trigger input, signal sensing auto on, detachable power cord

Submitted by REI a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2017

Bottom Line:
This amp is very well built for it's price range, even though it is made/assembled in China. The parts are great and overall build is better than most.

I have 2 Carver TFM 35X, Parasound 1000, 750 and Zamp V3.

This amp has been reliable but when it comes to what matters, sound, it's a disappointment with Imaging. It has the same high current ability compared to the Parasounds but sound more clinical and sterile, the reverbs and decays of instruments are truncated and affect overall ambience. The Parasounds are more organic, fleshed out.

The 1050 would be good fro bi-amping and used for the bass panels, but not the highs. It's higher damping factor is evident with bass. The highs are better relegated to smother amplifiers like the Parasounds.

There is nothing special about this amplifier and there are others for the same price that do better.

I have a Lexicon MC 8, Magnepan MMGs and NHT SB3 and SB2, all with modified crossover components. Front end is a modified Sony 9000ES(set to slow filter) all using 10gauge homebrew power cables with Blue Jeans cables and home brew Mogami ICs.

Submitted by Mike Holloran a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2016

Bottom Line:
I use this amp to run my Zone 2 ( outdoor speakers on Deck and front room) I have all B&W speakers and it does a fine job. I'd like to add it's been doing the job for 10 years. The Rotel RB 1050 is a great value. A solid amp for the money. I highly recommend it.

Submitted by Crols a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 5, 2010

Bottom Line:
Wonderful amp for the price. Suprisingly smooth for the price; good midrange; non-harsh treble; nice powerful
bass. There is a very slight emphasis in the upper mids, but it's not to the point where it bothers me. Very little grain, and it's solidly built. So I say it's a winner.

Submitted by Rick Carra a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2008

Bottom Line:
I bought this amp after I purchased Paradigm studio 40's. The 1050 replaced a Parasound HCA 1000A. The Parsaound was to bright with the 40's for my taste and i had a rotel rb 971 that i was using and it sounded good with my new speakers so I bought the 1050 to use in a bi amp configuration with the 971 and I must say it sounds pretty good. I have always liked the rotel sound It really matches with the paradigms The highs are silky smooth and the mid range is excellent! It sounds like the instruments are right there in the room with you. You cant go wrong with this amp, For a budget system It is hard to beat!! This amp does not get hot at all.

Submitted by ryandunk12345 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2007

Bottom Line:
Excellent amplifier for the price! This amp drives my B&W DM602 S3's. They claim it it 70WX2 channels, I'd have to say this is a conservative estimate. This amplifier has all the power I'll ever need! And, even if I turn up the volume to deafening levels - this amp doesn't break a sweat! It is hardly even lukewarm to the touch - at very high playback levels - awesome! Very detailed, accurate, uncolored sound, a truly great bargain! You certainly will have a hard time doing any better than this for 400$ If you're on a budget like me - but still want a powerful but musical & accurate amp - you really can't go wrong with the RB-1050.

Purchased At:   eBay