Passion Audio Kit i10 Amplifiers

4.2/5 (5 Reviews)

This integrated is basically identical to the PAK-i11. The difference is in the standard grade quality of the output transformers, the standard grade of the volume control and the paint finished steel chassis

Submitted by tony t a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is probably one of the best amp you could get for this money.It has a very detail sound and clean.

Submitted by macone a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is a fine amp...no question about it...BUT...THIS IS A MARKETTING SCAM!
This amp is actually an Antique Sound Labs AQ 1003dt without bias control/meter and without the decent trans.
THIS IS NOT A GOOD BUY!'
Get the ASL and be very happy...get this one and spend $200 too much.

Submitted by gabriel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
I pay 700$ CD. I buy this integrate in a kit! It was very fun to built but I got some problem in the beginning but after some test, all turn good. For me, it is the best choice of amplifier. I like the sound, it is smooth and fast! The quality of the composent if excellent for teh price...

Purchased At:   audio-d''occasion

Submitted by Koranan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
First of all I was looking for tube amp kit for almost 1 month, then found that Passion Audio kit at Rotac matched with my spec.
Compare at this price and quality (EL34, 12 AU7 all Tesla brand, Resistors 1%, audio Capacitos, hook-up cable, binding posts gold plated, all are audio grade components) I'd say only component the price just will be double or triple, may be.

It's an excelent design, easy to build and every steps shown on instructions book. Also when I have problem they're able to answer and response me by e-mail and phone too (how nice!)

When I'm done and check every spots, feel a bit nervous to turn the switch on (why !...it's a 600.00 bucks toy) however I can relax because every check spots are correct as in instructions book (not just a paper), then every thing run smoothly and do final biasing(off couse very happy and prounded).

Sound come out very good detailed and so different than my solid state amp, also look awesome when you see the all 8 tubes are working.
My Denon AVR-3300 has 84 buttons, cost around $800.00, when compare the sound w/ this Passion i-10k which has 3 buttons, I'd say I can not go back to listen my transitor amp anymore.

So far I relized that if your style is listening the MUSIC, simply one volume and one selecter switch from Passion i-10k tube amplifier make you more satisfied than the complicated THX, DTS, AC-3 surround solid-state amp.

Purchased At:   www.rotac.com

Submitted by Sam Kuppsami a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
All I can say is if you have reasonably sensitive speakers and not too huge a listening room, this amp produces great music.
This amp is designed in Quebec by Rotac and assembled in China.
It's well put together with quality parts,you can also get it in kit form.

Purchased At:   Applause Audio