Parasound HCA-2003 Amplifiers

3 Channel Power Amplifier - 200 Watts

Submitted by Dave Craig a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
Picked up this amplifier used. What a deal. Amplifier has brutal power. It is dead quiet. A touch on the warm side. I'm using it for the center and rears in my home theater system. Drives my large center channel with authority and ease. Build quality is great. Great looks. I have listened to a fair number of the high dollar amplifiers. I think Parasound is very value. You can spend a lot more, but, I don't think you will get much more!

Purchased At:   Off Audiogon

Submitted by jim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
Have not really challenged, am using above 80hz, have sub with other amp, didnt need this much power bought because dealer had on sale and needed 3 ch amp, and sound quality was as good as anything out there.

Submitted by Mark a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2000

Bottom Line:
This amp has enough power to drive my speakers to levels I did not think they were capable of doing. Bass is tight and very well controlled. Mid range is smooth without being compressed. Highs are quick and accurate without any harshness or brightness. My amp is the HCA2003A. It has a bigger power supply than the 2003 and is biased class A to 12 watts on all three cahnnels. This amp powers my three front channels of my video system and doubles for the amp on two channel for music.

Submitted by Ken a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 2, 1999

Bottom Line:
This 220W 3-channel amp was discontinued some time in late '98, but I found a dealer who had two new HCA-2003s still in stock. I got them both, even though they were a bit of overkill for my system. These amps are built like a tank, and they sound fantastic with hard rock and action movie sound tracks. I had a B&K AV amp and while it sounded great to me and had great features, the amp hummed very loudly, the speakers hummed, everything hummed. The amp would even hum when it was off (in standby). I exchanged it twice and send it back to the factory once, but they never fixed the problem completely, so I returned it. The Parasound amps are dead quiet. The THX features (level controls and 12V trigger) also work great.
System:
B&K Reference 20 preprocessor/pre-amp
2 Parasound HCA-2003A amps
Sony DVP-C600D DVD player
Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v2 fronts
2 Paradigm Reference Studio CC v2 centers (aka CC-450)
Paradigm Reference Studio ADP rears (aka ADP-450)
Paradigm Reference Servo 15 sub
Monster M-1500/M-1000 interconnects
Monster 12ga speaker wire (bi-wired)

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener

Submitted by Roger a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 12, 1999

Bottom Line:
Bought this Amp used for center and surround speakersHCA 2200mk11 for main, the power from these amps is amazing
Super tight bass and semi tube like sound.
THE 2003 IS VERY CLOSE TO THE 2200 for sound quality......
DVD's sound out of this world
For the money ,I paid 850.00 used, nothing comes close to the 2003