Parasound HCA-1206 Amplifiers

4.67/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $1950.00

6 Channel THX Certified Power Amplifier - 135 Watts

Submitted by pvmil a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2004

Bottom Line:
Update on review.
I compared my amp this week with a Rotel RB-1070 (new 750 euros). The Parasound has much more definition, clarity and detail than the RB-1070.
(price paid 1100 euro's incl complete checkup at certified dealer)

Purchased At:   2nd handed

Submitted by pvmil a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
(price 1100 euro's second handed)
I bought this amplifier to strengthen my Yamaha RX-V800 receiver. This unit gave me lots of more power (not in specs maybe but in sound definately) much more detail, control over my speakers (Dali 505 and soon B&W Nautilus 805) and much more silence (!). Silence because silent passages in music somehow seem more silent now..
I really like the unit

Submitted by dahmer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great sound. It had a little hum, but the Monster 3500 took care if that. Very heavy unit. It did not fit on the lower shelf on my Bello Alto Romari rack. Very well built. Zero prorblems since I had it hooked up.

Purchased At:   Sound Exchange, Some

Submitted by Andrew Windross a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 4, 1999

Bottom Line:
I've owned my HCA-1206 for approx 3 years now with absolutely no problems, I gave up on my two Bryston 4B's and a 3B with a few minor troubles but constant grounding noise troubles. The Parasound walks all over the Brystons. The sound is extremely smooth with no noise or hum. It runs my Dynaudio fronts and centre as well as my Polk ref rears and two 15" JBL passive subs, the bass is incredible! I see no reason to ever change this amp unless somehow it dies!What else can I say after a lot of demo's and reviews I knew I couldn't find a better amp for the money and more,THX approved! and all wrapped in one 72lbs piece! I'm currently using it in conjunction with the Parasound 1000 Pre/Pro, but I'm hoping to upgrade the pre/pro to the AVC2500, the Classe ssp25, or the new Anthem AVM1.

Submitted by JohnnyB a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 3, 1999

Bottom Line:
I've had my HCA-1206 for approx 2 years, and it was just what I needed to drive my 4 ohm mains (ADS). The THX cert. gave me the level of confidence I needed at the time to decide on a amp listing at $2k. But we all know now there are many component manufacturers who make class A equipment without the cert. But I'm still using it in my HT system to drive my B&W Naut 805s and HTM IIs. I like the brightness yet soothing sound I get out of my speakers. And I need the punch, well, it has plenty and then some. I can't see considering another multi-channel amp unless you're willing to go into the $3 to $5K range which for my money would be a waste. The HCA-1206THX is built like a tank, weighs 72lbs and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Sennheiser: