Opera Audio Consonance Cyber 211 Amplifiers

Vacuum Tubes Per Monoblock::
NOS Siemens gold pin E88CC
NOS Raytheon CK5687wa
VT4C/211
Total harmonic Distortion: less than 1% (10 watt @ 1kHz)
Signal To Noise Ratio: 90dB
Frequency Response: 5Hz to 47kHz ( -3dB)
Input Sensitivity: 0.6V
Input Impedance: 100k ohms
Input Type: Unbalanced (RCA)
Output: 4 or 8 Ohms
Dimensions: 420 x 185 x 330 (LxWxH in mm)

Weight: 30kg per monoblock (packed)

Submitted by Ampup a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2010

Bottom Line:
The Opera Audio Consonance Cyber 211 was a real disappointment. This is one of those examples in which one jumps because of a good review, and is sadly disappointed. My pair was purchased new, from a dealer who was in hot water with the then distributor, as he was discounting the price of the amps from their suggested retail of $6500 to a lesser amount. His right to sell consonance products was terminated, and I bought my pair for 50% of retail, new in sealed boxes. They were late production, identical in every way to the pair reviewed in several different publications. As delivered, they were a disappointment. I substituted the very best NOS tubes (GE, 211s, etc) for the stock tubes, yet still the bass was lacking, and the high end less than stellar. Midrange was ok, but not equal to the asking price, or price I paid.. To add further insult to injury, I was told by the then distributor, that because I had purchased from a dealer not in good standing, I had no warranty, even though these were not grey goods, and had been imported through that same distributor, and delivered to the dealer by that distributor. I kept them for about 6 months, but kept going back to my Consonance Billie, which was a better sounding amplifier, but half the wattage.

Pros: Beautiful industrial design, well built, no problems while owned.

Cons: Lackluster sound quality for the price, or even the price I paid, Factory and Distributor attitude was horrible, no customer support, unless you paid the full price from a currently approved dealer.
Note: I have seen postings of dealers complaining about the lackluster support from the factory or distributors when problems arise from failures during the warranty period.

I was expecting great things from these amps based upon the reviews, and was very disappointed.

Current selling prices of used ($1800-2K) would make them worth considering if not used full range.

Product model year:   2007