Onkyo M-508 Amplifiers

4.44/5 (16 Reviews) MSRP : $1200.00

Grand Integra Series Power Amplifier - 200 Watts - Dual Mono (1986-1991)

Submitted by Julio Cesar Camacho a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2013

Bottom Line:
Espectacular y excelente amplificador de potencia, igual o superior a categorias de Mark levison, Conrad Jhonson, Luxman y Mcintosh entre otros. Es el hermano menor de la gran M510, con un sonido muy dinámico y nitido. Son de esos amplificadore que una vez lo tienes no lo quieres vender. Junto con el Pre 308 hacen un binomio de oro, con decirles que también tengo un Mcintosh 2205 y me gusta más la calidad de sonido del Grand Integra. Excelentes aparatos muy recomendados, de seguro no te arrepentiras.

Salu2!

Submitted by JCsix a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2004

Bottom Line:
I had a chance to audition this amp - it is ok for this price range

I decided to audition - at a slightly higher price range I found an arcam alpha 9 which was far superior to this amp in every way and then for a bit more I heard a bryston 3b st who put the arcam to shame - in fact I kept going up price wise but the bryston remained my favorite even when I tried a few of higher rank

if you want a nice sounding amp this onkyo was suprisingly nice but my opinion is save up and get a bryston - no comparison

Purchased At:   auditioned it

Submitted by david hubbard a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
hi, i have two m-508 amps and have had no problems at all. for the money nothing under $3000.00 or better will compare to the grand integra m-508 in it's class now today.if you can find one (this will not be easy) just buy it!!!!! my system componets are,
grand integra p-308
onkyo rd-511 (cd burner)

Purchased At:   e-bay

Submitted by Dan Garrobo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
The two huge VU meter is a real eye catcher in my dim lite audio rack. Use only as a backup amp to my Nakamichi PA-7
but equally priased by guest who have heard it play with My B&W 802 ser.2. Now that we are at the Hometheater age I'm not shy to set it next to a my TX-DS989 receiver. This 12 years old baby is a keeper till it breaks. Truly a classic piece of the analog era!

Purchased At:   Japan

Submitted by Jose Chaguaceda a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
For me is the M508, together with the pre-amp P-308, a Highlight, in the stereo world. There is for dat money not much around, more dan plenty off watts, combined with accuraty and fine detail.
I`ll will never sell my beauty`s. My speakers are the B&O Beovox penta`s, nice dept, you cann see the artist threw your ears.

Purchased At:   Audiohome Best ( Hol