NAD 2400THX Amplifiers

4.92/5 (12 Reviews) MSRP : $600.00

Stereo Power Amplifier - 100 Watts/Channel - Bridgeable - Soft Clipping

Submitted by shirrell a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2012

Bottom Line:
This is one fantastic "does it all' amp! I have had a shameful amount of amps over the years and this one has held it's own regardless of price. It is rated a conservative 100 watts but it far surpasses that rating! The sound is stunning. I paid $40 craigslist for this little gold nugget! It is by far one of the best audio deals that I have made. I have had Jeff Rowland, Krell, Mark Levinson and many other high end amps that I can't even remember and this sings along with them. When I first bought it it sounded a little shrill and I was doing an A and B with my Adcom 555II, which is another sleeper amp. I turned it on and let it sit for 3 days and went back and it opened up churned out some beautiful music! Strings and vocals came to life and there was a concert in my living room that went on till early in the morning. With the volume control on front there is no need for a preamp. It can switch to mono with a flip of a switch. It will make an excellent amp for surround or stereo. I have it coupled with a Dynco tube cd player and the two are a match made in heaven. If opportunity presents itself don't hesitate to jump on this puppy! The ratings from the rest of the audio freaks should speak for itself. Audio Nirvana that competes with the big boys, although they would not admit it because of the thousands that they have in their amps, been there, done that!

Submitted by phileserver39 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought my NAD 2400 THX on EBay about a year ago. This is the best $150 I have ever spent on audio equipment. Sure, it has a few nicks and scratches but I think it gives it character. I run my ASUS STX sound card into a tube preamp and into my NAD. Audio sounds airy yet punchy with articulate highs and tight bass. My Allison Fours have never sounded better whilst in my company. Great amp!

Submitted by LowHighEnd a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2004

Bottom Line:
About a year ago, I got my hand on a NAD 2400 ($150)(Not the THX stamped model, but the org. PE.). My taught was to use this amplifier in bridged mode driving a sub. I could not decide if I were to build this sub myself or buy a sub-kit (-amplifier), so I decided to test the amplifier in stereo. However I rewired my NAD 320 and used this to drive the new amp, curios about how this would sound. And WOW!, the result was amazing! I’ll guess the C320 lacked the power to control my fairly large speakers, but the 2400 definitely didn’t. Kept playing my CD-collection over and over again, amazed over all the details I newer had heard before. (This was also improved by a using a dedicated preamplifier C116.) As I was surfing the local HiFi ads, I found a second NAD 2400($280) (Mint) and I bought this just for test how the stereo would sound with a bridged NAD2400 per channel. And again the result was more than a noticeable improvement. The bass is now even more rock solid controlled, than what was the cases when using a single NAD2400, and also more details are revealed in the upper frequencies. Major benefit using the bridged amplifier per channel was that the stereo image was much improved. Buying the NAD stuff second hand is a good investment.

Purchased At:   Private seller

Submitted by Barry a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2004

Bottom Line:
What a smooth, crisp machine.

Submitted by luk a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
What a solid power amp? Reserves of power to tackle any material you can throw at it. Extremely musical and neutral sounding. I had used only a vintage NAD3020 with my kef coda 7s, then added this amp with the 3020 as a pre-amp as I was listening to more and more orchestras and d n B. My speakers were on the list for the next upgrade, but the 2400 made them sound so much better than with just the 3020 that I still haven't found a need to. They don't make them like they used to, this is made in Japan and feels like it will last forever. Keep the power on at all times to keep the electronics warm, cycling power can reduce the life of this amp. Enjoy!

Purchased At:   Ebay

NAD 2100 vs. 2200 vs. 2400THX

urrently, I have a NAD 2100 amp in my listening "man cave" I have the opportunity to pick up either a NAD 2200 or a 2400THX. The specs on the 2200 and 2400 are identical in the owner's manuals. Would I notice a drastic change if I were to pick one of these other amps up as compared to the 2100 ... Read More »

60.0 WA BLACK: