Musical Fidelity NuVista 300 Amplifiers

Power Amplifier - 300W x2 Channels - Two-Box Design, Amplifier Unit and Power Unit

Submitted by paal a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2010

Bottom Line:
Gorgious! ...don't need more description really ;-)
I have a pair of Sonus Faber Extrema, and everybody who has these beauties, know how much juice they need to sound their best. The Nu-Vista 300 is close to the best match that can be used with the SFE. Deep, articulated bass, sweet midrange and a treble that is soft as baby-skin.

I have used many amps with the SFE and the Nu-Vista is the only one that make them play deep bass. For the price, this amp is a winner!

Submitted by mad_about_ music a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2005

Bottom Line:
if you own this player it is a sin not to modifey it i have fitted a trichord clock 4 & a top notch trichord super voltage reulation board and changed all the opamps and removed sound degrading parts it is now much better than the nuvista with the lowest level of jitter ever the sound stage beocome massive lots and lots of pure treble detail this player will make you go thorough your whole cd collection

Purchased At:   global hifi newcastl

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I read the reviews, I lusted and hunted down a private sale, I drove 400 miles to get it. My bank manager isn't speaking to me anymore but I'm the happiest kid on the block.

This amp is a classic already! Beautifully crafted (I've yet to see a photo that does it justice) cavernous in weight, size and most importantly... sound.

The sound... well it isn't overly anything to tell the truth - very balanced with a soundstage to die for. You can pick out every instrument's place on a well recorded track. Less well produced sound musical but lack the depth. I guess its a bit like a fine wine, you don't know what is special about the sound... but it sounds right.. how music should be produced with pace and timing to die for. The only problem I have now is how I'm going to rediscover my sizeable vinyl and CD collection and hold down the day job and get some sleep!!!! I'm sure I'll work it out.

Purchased At:   Private Advert

Submitted by Jason lawrence a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
As the Assistant Manager of a Hifi shop in the UK I had the pleasure of trying out the NuVista 3weeks ago on a dem for a customer he had already purchased and was deming speakers. Then on Saturday I had to dem it to someone else, this was the start of the addiction I slept on it over night Sunday and ordered the CD and Amp today. I am an Ex Engineer and have never felt build quality like it and the sound kept me in our Demo room till 11pm that evening. By the way if anyone still wants one they have 3 Amps left.

Purchased At:   Sevenoaks Hifi Oxford

Submitted by Paul H a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
I use this in parallel with the NuVista pre, and this is by far the most capable amp set up I've come across, regardless of price - it has had me rediscovering old CDs, and my vinyl collection - played on a comparatively cheap Rega Planar 3 - makes high end CD players sound distinctly lacking when played through the NuVistas.

If you can still find one, buy one, but go for the NuVista pre as well.

FGH 26: