Musical Fidelity NuVista 300 Amplifiers

Power Amplifier - 300W x2 Channels - Two-Box Design, Amplifier Unit and Power Unit

Submitted by Luca Gioani a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2017

Bottom Line:
Great gear, solid build, extremely powerful and heavy. Detailed and musical. Quite surprised to see concept of not having 2 mono blocks but separate final stage and power supply.
First time I listened it to my speakers I got in love with it.
I understand it has 80A current reserve which is quite enough for many speakers.
The price is also reasonable, I bought it 2nd hand and paid 2K GBP. Great deal I would say now. Happy, happy, happy...!!!

Submitted by Jonny G a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2017

Bottom Line:
It is just what you need. Extremely powerfull and precise, built like a tank with that tube flavour that everybody want. Used with Dynaudio Contour, Sonus Faber and many others. Just perfect...!!!

Submitted by paal a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2010

Bottom Line:
Gorgious! ...don't need more description really ;-)
I have a pair of Sonus Faber Extrema, and everybody who has these beauties, know how much juice they need to sound their best. The Nu-Vista 300 is close to the best match that can be used with the SFE. Deep, articulated bass, sweet midrange and a treble that is soft as baby-skin.

I have used many amps with the SFE and the Nu-Vista is the only one that make them play deep bass. For the price, this amp is a winner!

Submitted by mad_about_ music a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2005

Bottom Line:
if you own this player it is a sin not to modifey it i have fitted a trichord clock 4 & a top notch trichord super voltage reulation board and changed all the opamps and removed sound degrading parts it is now much better than the nuvista with the lowest level of jitter ever the sound stage beocome massive lots and lots of pure treble detail this player will make you go thorough your whole cd collection

Purchased At:   global hifi newcastl

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I read the reviews, I lusted and hunted down a private sale, I drove 400 miles to get it. My bank manager isn't speaking to me anymore but I'm the happiest kid on the block.

This amp is a classic already! Beautifully crafted (I've yet to see a photo that does it justice) cavernous in weight, size and most importantly... sound.

The sound... well it isn't overly anything to tell the truth - very balanced with a soundstage to die for. You can pick out every instrument's place on a well recorded track. Less well produced sound musical but lack the depth. I guess its a bit like a fine wine, you don't know what is special about the sound... but it sounds right.. how music should be produced with pace and timing to die for. The only problem I have now is how I'm going to rediscover my sizeable vinyl and CD collection and hold down the day job and get some sleep!!!! I'm sure I'll work it out.

Purchased At:   Private Advert