Musical Fidelity A3.2CR Amplifiers

• Damping factor 170
  • Output devices per channel Six

Submitted by Belgarchi a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
From a practical point of view, I regret the absence of gain control, no balanced (XLR) inputs, and the fact that the distance between speaker terminals is non-standard.
But this amp is nice-looking and relatively small.
Very well built, with 4 (!) transformers and 54,400 microFarads.
The sound is really excellent. Tight, deep, powerful bass. Medium slightly recessed, but very clear. Stable, wide soundstage. Highs are very good, but can be slightly aggressive if the source is too lively.
Better than all sub-$1500 power amps I listened too, and the bass are better than Conrad-Johson MF2250A.
Stereophile Class A, and I agree with them.

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by Waxxiemann a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2004

Bottom Line:
Compared with Bryston 3BSST and the Classe Ca101 and 201 I prefered the "all around sound" of this wonderful little monster. It exceeded in all feilds. The Classe CA 201 was a great sounding amp with a lot of power but it was a little to laid back for me. It was also twice more than twice the price. The front panel of the Classe amps is about 1/2" thick and probably accounts for about half of the price. The bryston amp was really nice sounding as well but lacked the resolution of the MF. The A3.2 CR has more power than I'll ever need and at a good price (1800 Canadian) to boot.

I am using Harmonic technologies interconnects and a Tara Labs power cable and I find the results to be very pleasing.

The amp is running off of the pre's from my Marantz SR6300. I really liked the sound my reciever was producing, but this is a whole new level of clairity and resolution that I honestly was not expecting. Having this amp in my rig also eases a lot of the burdon off of my reciever when using all 5 channels in a movie situation, allowing the surround and center channels to be more dynamic during intense passages.

I think that the key to judging weather a peice of audio equipment is what you are looking for or not is to try it in your own home. It may sound great is the showroom but crappy when hooked up to your gear.

With this amp, I feel like I am finally moving away from mass market and into true Hi-Fi.

Now I can turn my sights to some new speakers. Highly recomended!

Purchased At:   American Hi-Fi

Musical Fidelity A3.2CR + Adcom GFA5500?

I already have the Adcom, and i was wondering if the musical fidelity pre i'm looking at is a good match for it. i can get quite a decent price from my dealer, and for starters i love the looks of the thing. The reviews on it seem to be quite good, and i wouldn't mind trying it out. but before i h ... Read More »

Should I get a Musical fidelity A3.2cr?

I found a really great deal on the A3.2cr amp/preamp pair and I have heard the pair before and loved them. My question is more would my current set up do justice to them? I have monitor audio silver 4i's which I have heard match very well with the MF's, but I would not have enough money to upgrade ... Read More »

Premier Mounts: