McIntosh MC7100 Amplifiers

4.82/5 (11 Reviews) MSRP : $1400.00

100 Watts x2 Channels - Solid State Amplifier (1992-1997)

Submitted by Johnny Farm a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2009

Bottom Line:
Excellente Mc Amplifier !!!!!!!! Great in all range of sound, excellent bass, the mid are very neutral, also the look are Fantastic, I high recomended these amplifier for a entry hi end system and shure you will be very happy with these "little" Mcintosh.

Submitted by eg68 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2005

Bottom Line:
This amplifier supplements my Nak PA-5 amp and is played through a Nak CA-7A pre amp in a 4 channel system. In short, it sounds great. Both amps compliment each other. It is amazingly strong, quiet, and sweet. I don't know what more to say about it, except that I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. However, I would purchase a later model than the one I have. The later models have a power switch, balanced inputs, and no pan locks.

For the money, this is a great buy.

Submitted by Escaladeur a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
Wow! What an incredible little amp this 7100 is! I am astounded despite having listened to some very expensive amps that claim to have it all. This amp does everything very well and for the used price, it is down right unbeatable. My Paradigm Reference 100s become boundless, the depth is envelopping, the highs are crystal without hurting your ears (unlike my past Krell KSA100), the bass is INCREDIBLE - tight, refined, precise. I have it paired up with my favorite preamp - the McIntosh C712. I took the 7100 to my lab and ran some tests on its power output and it matches the owners manual curves exactly - 195W into 6 ohms continous!!! Just an incredible little amp. I am now sticking with McIntosh in getting another Mc amp with autoformers and meters but I am definately keeping this little gem. In case you are seeking one of these, get a late model one (95-97) because they have a power switch, power control, balanced inputs, no front panloc buttons, and a large terminal block where my 1/2 inch MIT T2 spades fit perfectly (a problem with most older Mcs). The early models have none of these added features. Well, enough typing, I am going off to listen to my new-found love affair! Arthur

Purchased At:   audiogon

Submitted by Jerry Woldhagen a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
I originally used these in my home theater and found that they work very well. I now have them biamping a pair of A/D/S M1290's, with a Mac tube C20 Preamp. I use a Sony SACD cd player. This has turned out to be an incredible music system. The sound stage is open with great depth.

Purchased At:   Private party Used

Submitted by Fernando Lezama a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
I got this amp from a friend as a loan since my Rowland may be gone (sold). I was expecting to have just some music as background while the interested individual may decide or not to keep my ROwland.

For my surprise, the Mac was not bad.... as a matter of fact it is sounding very well, particulary in the bass section and image stability. It is not of course at the same league as the Rowland, but one can't go wrong with this product for the asking price, MacIntosh is getting better with their SS products.

Sennheiser: