McIntosh MC300 Amplifiers

300w x2 Channels (1995-1999)

Submitted by Tim Wenzel a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2014

Bottom Line:
I have been a long time McIntosh user since 1982. This amp does every thing that I ask, crisp airy highs tight and abundant bass. I love this gear. Heavy Machinne but pure power and sound.

Submitted by Fernando a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2014

Bottom Line:
In my long search to find the closest to reality sound, I found an opportunity to buy a used 300 MC. You already have 19 years manufactured. But he had kept good time .... waiting for me. He came alive to me, his blue eyes reawakened for me one of the greatest satisfactions of my life hearing. Impressed by his ability, clarity and depth of sound. I have it with Dynaudio Excite X38 speakers. It's a crazy combination. MAC is the best and this is a true classic MC300 90's. If you have the opportunity to have or buy one, keep it, is a real gem. Fantastic value!

Submitted by Don a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2012

Bottom Line:
This kid had this amp and it had a buzz it(polar switch had dust in the contacts) and asked me if I wanted to buy it. At the time I had no idea how much it was worth but being a musican I remembered the old MC60"s and MC90's guys used to play bass through. I gave him 250.00 for it and pick up a MC26 pre-amp off consignment from a music store for 75.00 and there is nothing that can pry my hands off of this MAC! I also bought 2 heathkit speakers with altec A-7 horns and altec 15" speakers for 475.00 and reconed them one time sense 1989. I can here a triangle anytime one is used on a song. A two-way system with the magnets of the horn and woofer aligned is a beautifully phased sound. Remember the old "gray boxes hanging at Disney". Happy days!

Submitted by Henry a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2011

Bottom Line:
This amp is one of the best 2-channel solid state amplifier out there. Period.
After this model, MC300, McIntosh up'ed the high frequence range on latter models, e.g. MC352, MC402, to probably attract more buyers especially the younger audiences. But I noticed that their latest model, 2011 model year, eg. MC452, MC303 2-channel amplifiers, seems to go back to the MC300 principal sound, smooth and roll-off at extended high frequency range.
Well, if you have one MC300, hold on to it for life. It is pure and original Mcintosh sound.

Submitted by bosco2362 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
I , like many others on this site, purchased this unit used. It took a long time to find one, but when I did I snapped it up. What can I say, Liquid,liquid, liquid. The sound coming from my Thiel 3.6's now that they are powered by this big Mac is wonderful. I can listen for hours with no fatigue at all, even with red book CD's! And of course, that great look and fantasic build quaility. It's to bad that some people that come onto this site leave some unfair reviews on products. I highly recommend this amp. Like I said, works greta with Thiel speakers.

Purchased At:   Private Sale