McIntosh MA6500 Amplifiers

4.71/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $3000.00

Integrated Amplifier 2 x 120/200/250 (8/4/2 ohms) Wide Power Bandwidth Width with Ultra-Low Distortion Power Output Meters

Submitted by henrygerken a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2011

Bottom Line:
greatsound

Submitted by boniccie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2010

Bottom Line:
This is an awesome mcintosh intg amp.It replaced PS audio trio a100 and i have to admit that the difference was like night and day to me..I recommended to anyone who really want to hear what an audiophile product sounds like...A+++++++++++++++++++++++

Submitted by athkarag a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2009

Bottom Line:
I'll be very short, 'cause all previous reviewers have covered the subject to a very good point. That's the best integrated I have ever had, in tems of flexibility, sound character and drive. Please go & check my system in my review of the Harbeth SHL5s which partner the Mac. And keep in mind that I belong to the fans of integrateds, not separates. After all, I'm listening to music, not machines, and I want to own something of exceptional endurance in time, with very stable characteristics. So, what else except a Mac?

Submitted by trumpetbri a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2008

Bottom Line:
Most gorgeous multi layered and accurate amp I've owned. This is my first Mac, and I must say I'm in love. It looks gorgeous too with the meters. Wife even loves its sound and looks! Yay!
The tonality and timbre of instruments and voices are the most lifelike I've heard. Very black backgrounds and natural lifelike delivery.
Expensive product, but if I am paying for research, development and longevity I can't complain. I think I'm getting a taste of the best available at any price.

Purchased At:   Local Dealer

Submitted by Jay a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2006

Bottom Line:
I know I'm probably not supposed to do this but I have to question the last reviewer's motives and reliability. He states that his MA6500 does not have gold plated input and output jacks. The fact is that there has never been one MA6500 produced WITHOUT gold plated input and output jacks. Wonder if he really knows what he bought. He also complains that the amp's remote is made in Japan. Well, I challenge him to name one product's remote that isn't made in Japan or China. My advice to all integrated amp shoppers is to audition this amp for yourself at home in your system, if possible. Some dealers will provide demo units. Otherwise, ask the dealer to allow you to bring your speakers into his store to audition with a MA6500. That's the best way to fairly evaluate the sound of an amplifier. Every component in your system has it's own sound and McIntosh is different from all other makes. Some people prefer it and some don't. Let me make another thing clear that should not be disputed. McIntosh build quality is second to none.

Award-Winning Axiom: