Mark Levinson No. 332 Amplifiers

3.89/5 (19 Reviews)

Submitted by Eric Li a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2013

Bottom Line:
Around Oct 2011, my friend lend me a power cord of 8 ft long "Wireworld -- Silver Electra Power Conditioning Cord (SEP) - OCC Silver-Clad Copper Fluxfield Design" with a US type Wireworld connectors for me to connect to my ML332. What I found was my ML332 seems to be enhanced to a much higher level. Even sound stage, depth, & details are much much better than before. In order to verify this, I took it to one of my friend's place who also got a set of ML 332 and make a hearing test ; as a result, we both agreed that it has much improvement. Although this cable is not cheap, I have no choice. If this cable is available in your area, try it, don't forget to let me know your findings. Cheers!

Submitted by Ram a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2011

Bottom Line:
Just bought a preowned ML332. My humble opinion. If you find one don't hesitate get it. Period. One of the best amps around that will make you enjoy and love your cd collection like never before be it rock,classical,jazz, vocals. A definite five stars plus.

Products used with:
Oppo blu ray nuforce edition, naim,magnaplanar 1.6QR

Submitted by Yujimura a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2010

Bottom Line:
I spent two weeks to create the best enviroment for ML 332 to bring the maximum performans of its own capability. I have Revel Ultima Studio which is known as most less colored loudspeaker and Kimber select 3036 speaker cable has been used to connect to ML 332. The Audio Research SL 16 is then connected with Kimber select KS 1130 balanced silver cable. The Mark Levinson No 37 CD transport with Questman Audio DA converter were being used. As you may say that all of the associated audio equipment are recognized as High-End audio equipment. I am wrighting to say that ML 332 is very neutral. There was nothing added or nothing less than original recording sound. It is capable of handling very low frequency with the punch and I can appreciate the damping factor of 800 at 20Hz. The sound stage was big and well focused and deep. Overall there is someting missing that is the exitement. The contrast was somewhat bright and I couldnt feel much air around the instrument. The high is extended and well focused but the spot light in the pure darkness effect was not there. Another word it was not 3D dimentional sound. I was expecting more from $7000 power amprifier but I should say that all the specification is within the High-End level and it reproduces the precise sound of what the recording is ment to sound.

Submitted by santiago a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have change my old ml 23 by this ml 332 amp.
In my opinion this amp is neutral it have a nice timbre correct mids and bass.the voices sound very clear.But my old ml 23 is by far. much superior than this 3 series amp.this amp is impersonal there is no emotion on it.The old levinson amp are much more smooth clarity and delicate.the music sound with proyection and naturality.
I have sold it. And change it again by the old real mark levinson amp.27.5

Submitted by jack201 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2004

Bottom Line:
The mere fact that the 4-series amps are "voiced" to sound like their forebears will attest to the fact that 7 long audiophile years ago the guys in white coats at Madrigal already got it right. I'm just so glad there are all those wealthy guys out there who can afford to buy these products brand new so guys like me can take them off their hands later. Soundwise, all No.33 series power amps share a common characteristic. Effortless drive. These guys can handle 4 ohm loads at 80db or less and you will still hear every detail and every note. Even at low levels everything remains in scale owing greatly to its inherently low noise floor. It may not be punchy but it excels in overall balance and tonality. Bought used it simply can't be beat. It will outperform ANYTHING under $3000 when used with demanding speaker loads. Bought retail that is another story.

Purchased At:   used