Marantz PM7200 2-Channel Amplifier Amplifiers

The Marantz PM7200 Stereo Integrated Amplifier offers music enthusiasts uncompromising audiophile sound quality and superior flexibility of operation. It delivers 2 x 95 Watts (RMS into 8 Ohms), rising to 155 watts with 4 Ohm speakers. A single push-pull amplifier, symmetrical circuitry with independent heat sink, anti-resonant, metal front panel and hand selected customized components including HDAM, assuring an extremely dynamic sound reproduction with accurate tonal and image balance. It offers Class A operation for distortion-free sound at low volume levels and gold-plated in- and output terminals. With full system remote control operation, the PM7200 is the ideal center piece for a true high-end music system.

Submitted by Aaronelvis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2010

Bottom Line:
Paid NZ$700 on Trade Me.
I'm not sure of the manufacture date quoted here - I got my PM7200 second hand in 2009.

At first I adored this amp.The power made my Wharfedale Diamond 9.6s fly at party volume and the Class A mode brought out a sweet warmth I had previously not heard in those speakers.
Then I upgraded to Wharfedale Opus 2-1s and started craving something more from the amplifier.
While the warmth of the PM7200 doesn't sacrifice clarity, it does come at the expense of depth of soundstage and a sense of "air" compared with the bi-amp configuration, which I have now moved to (Pioneer A9 and Arcam Alpha 9P) when paired with top notch speakers.
The Marantz PM7200 is easy to listen to, clear and powerful, the most versatile integrated I have used. It would be ideal for a person who listens at moderate volumes most of the time and can leave it in Class A, then bust lose once in a while at full scream. But watch your speaker match.

Submitted by Costas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2009

Bottom Line:
I paid 300 pounds for my 7200. The sound is warm and detailed, the voices are reproduced exceptionaly good however this amp is not the best in attack and dynamics. Class A is fantastic very fluid valve like reproduction of music. My left channel of amp failed after 1 year of modest use. Currently I use a marantz pm4001 ose and I am happy with its dynamics and marantz sound.

PANAMAX: