Marantz MA-6100 Amplifiers

125W THX Mono amplifier

Submitted by DonKool a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
This mono amp fufills a need for extra channels of amplification. I purchased it to power a center channel speaker and have been very satisfied by it. 125 THX Ultra certified watts for three bills is a bargain. This week I purchased a Sunfire 7 channel amp so now the Marantz will be powering a subwoofer and I have a second Marantz on order to power the other subwoofer. With the Sunfire powering the mains and the two Marantzes powering the subs, the sound will be sweet indeed. Bring on 7.1 soundtracks!

Purchased At:   Gramophone, Columbia

Submitted by ssali a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2003

Bottom Line:
For what I paid these are amazing, clear sound stage with lite highs and smooth tight bass from my NHT 1.5i's using Kimber Kable 4TC.

Purchased At:   Advanced Audio Cary,

Submitted by Jim Romeyn a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
I built a pair of extraordinarily good sounding analog-chip driver SS monoblocs for bass only. I have never heard better sounding bass amps, & have sampled literally dozens of amps at home. On tested speaker, woofer is passively x'd over at 450 Hz, & is -3dB is low 20 Hz range. On this system I could discern vitually no difference in sound between my custom amps & the Marantz MA-6100 monoblocs, which list for $330. The Marantz might not have even been fully broken in! Go figure. Wanna buy two custom monoblocs? At least my custom amps sounded better when used fullrange.

Submitted by Oliver a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
I use two of them for my Subs. Enough power to handle these, the MA 700 had some more power, but I think of upgrading two bridged mono anyway. I tried them on my Center too, and was amazed how much you still can improve the sound. I do use a Denon AVC A1SE, but still those little Marantz give you more clarity and definition.
I will order another one for the center.
For the price, a real bargain.

Purchased At:   for my eyes only!

Sennheiser: