Marantz AV8003
Description: The best contemporary technology combined with traditional Marantz quality. That’s what the Marantz AV8003 is all about. It’s more than just an outstanding A/V processor. It unites all the entertainment possibilities you want: Movies, music, photos, streaming audio and video. And the AV8003 does it in a single room or throughout your home. Enjoyment? You bet. But enjoyment raised to the level only Marantz panache can reach.Let’s start with the basics. For a “net-friendly” A/V pre/pro/tuner, or for any home entertainment component, that means a high capacity and well shielded power supply so each circuit has all the current it needs and stray leakage from the transformer doesn’t interfere with data signals.

Submitted by Jeremy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2012

Bottom Line:
Audiophile grade Pre-Pro for $2200. I could not pass it up. The remote sucks but once I got use to the dis-functionality of the remote my opinion changed. When I first got it, I was pissed that Audyssey could not be used during DTS HD and DD HD. Well you can if you pump LPCM from your DVD player to the AV 8003 than Audyssey can be applied. Room correction is important but the AV 8003's Audyssey is something to be desired unless you like bright intrusive highs. I prefer warm yet captivating. I turn off all THX and Audyssey EQ. NO EQ or THX! This Pre-Pro needs no help. Be honest in your settings using a analog decibel meter and speaker measurements and set up your speakers correctly and you will be in audio bliss. I owned this thing for nine months before I finally tuned off the THX speaker settings just to see what THX does. All I have to say is no more THX and Audyssey.

Product model year:   2008