LINN LK-140 Amplifiers

4.36/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $1350.00

Stereo Power Amplifier

Submitted by sporty a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2015

Bottom Line:
J' ai acheté ce Linn Lk140 pour upgrader un Linn Lk100 et j'ai été désappointé . Cet ampli était pas capable d’alimenter les Magneplanar 1.5 . Le son était sec , pas de basse...Je l'ai remplacé avec succès contre le Linn AV 5105.

Submitted by Richard Schneider a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2004

Bottom Line:
I had been warned that the LK 140 would be too weak for my needs. However I kept my decision to go forward and I bought the amp. It's a decision I'll never regret. It's a great amp. The reason why I'm happy is that I have an efficient pair of speakers. They are made by Paradigm (Canadian make) and with this little Linn they sound and sing like I never thought they would. You do have to make the right choice in terms of cables. I drive it with Van dan Hul interconnects and Tara Labs cables for the speakers. The cables given to me by the dealer were not that good although he insisted they were the best. Don't listen to them. You have to experiment.
I don't have a pre amp yet. For now my Genki does the job through it's own pre amp which does a pretty good job.

Purchased At:   Audio Club, Montreal

Submitted by Alex W a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
For the first time I did not trade any piece of equipment for about 4 years. It says something! I use Ikemi,Sondek,Kolektor,2xLK140 biamp with Tukans. Icould improve the system changing the Kolektor or with Aktiv Kans. But who cares? It plays and plays and plays and... ... .
As I needed a second system I went for a used Naim , but the Linn stays at its place.

Submitted by Dave a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
Looking for an upgrade to my Cyrus I tried over 20 amps in the 800-1500 price range, including Arcam, Cyrus, Creek, Electrocompaniet, Sugden, Musical Fidelity... and many more.

The only amp that came close to the sound I wanted was LK140 and Kolektor Pre-amp.

However, don't expect it to perform right out of the box. I thought I'd made the biggest mistake ever until it started to sing after about a week's serious music.

There aren't any other Linn products in my setup either - so don't think it's just for Linn-o-philes!

Anyone thinking of an Arcam/Cyrus or similar amp should listen to the LK140/Kolektor combo.

Submitted by doubleroll a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
Excellent amp for the money. Nice improvement over my LK100. Quiet, dynamic and trouble free. As part of an all LINN system, this little amp rocks.

Purchased At:   audiogon