Lexicon LX-5 Amplifiers

Built to Lexicon standards, the LX Series Power Amplifiers establish a new benchmark for home theater amplifiers. An unbeatable combination of sound quality, power, flexibility and reliability make the LX Series amplifiers at home in virtually any system.

The THX Ultra® LX amplifiers offer high power output that can be configured for almost any home theater installation. The LX-5 has five 200watt channels. Channel pairs can be bridged to provide 400watts in addition to the remaining 200watt channels. Heavy-duty loudspeaker binding posts, single-ended (RCA) and balanced (XLR) inputs are available on both models.

Submitted by terry sawer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2009

Bottom Line:
i invested in this lexicon lx-5 because of a deal on e-bay. the amp is heavy, well built, and has the power to knock your socks off. i am running 3 pair of monitor gold speakers with it. great amp but i also run a rotel rmb 1077 class d amp with this same setup. the rotel sounds very similar but maintains a much more even tonal balance. the highs are not as harsh, and even though the rotel is no more powerful (actually less according to manufacturers ratings) the class d amplification just seems to supply that effortless power when it is really needed. i love the looks of the lexicon and it is a really sweet piece of audio equipment.

Submitted by Qruzer a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2006

Bottom Line:
Bought the product (sound unheard/tested) from audiogon. Price was too good for me not to do all the research i could to make the educated buy. Unfornately the Lexicon pre-pro dominates the reviews - the amp is relatively obscured in review sites. I pulled the trigger and bought the 5 channel beast. I hooked up the fronts bridged @400 watts with the remaining center channel @200 watts. I'm using the Def tech 7002 with the Def Tech 2500 center. I'm replacing the Marantz MM9000 5 channel @150 watts per. My source is the Denon 3910. pre-pro Denon 3806 runs the back 4 channels.

I was worried due to a few reviews about the musical reproduction of the Lex - I have worked my SACDs as well as my CD collection. To my amazment I've never thought my music would sound this good. This amp has opened up every detail, with strong clarity. High musical resolution from every angle -stereo is the best listening mode i prefer with this amp. My 7002 speakers needed this type of power to completely recreate each note. The amp runs very cool to the touch.

Movies are what this beast does extremely well. I cannot get over the difference between high/lower current amps, being that I switched from a 150 watt seperate to the Lexicon. Dialouge and room sound dynamics have come alive. This is a KILLER HT amp.

Purchased At:   Audiogon