Krell Theater Amplifier Standard Amplifiers

The Theater Amplifier Standard is a five-channel power amplifier boasting our latest circuit topology and a substantial power output of 200 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (400 Watts per channel into 4 Ohms). The elegant Krellcoat exterior houses the technology developed in the Krell Full Power Balanced amplifiers including a gigantic power supply, Krell Current Mode circuitry, and balanced operation. The Theater Amplifier Standard is the reference multi-channel amplifier for systems that are used for stereo or multi-channel music and movie playback.

Submitted by dmx a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
My plan is eventually to use the TAS to drive my surrounds and next year buy a 400cx to drive my fronts. For now I am using the TAS on my fronts, center and rears, I am driving it with a Lexicon MC8B and using Sonus Faber grand piano's (soon to be cremona's) and SF surrounds. I am mainly a music guy but all music (including SACD and DVDA) presented in Logic 7 surround. The movies I watch are the standard Dad movies like Shrek, Harry Potter and once in a while Star wars or Indiana Jones.

Purchased At:   Harveys