Krell KSA-200S Amplifiers

4.83/5 (12 Reviews) MSRP : $6900.00

200 Watts

Submitted by Jkhan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2006

Bottom Line:
Been reading a lot on this particular amp and after auditioning, all those thoughts became a reality with all doubts turning into belief. Appearace is like some milatary hardware but sounds so peacful and sweet with lots of accuracy. Handles highs and low so well and true. I have hooked it directly with my cd player good oehlbach german speaker cables, real heavy stuff, and canton two way Ergo 603s book shelf speakers with frequency response from 27-40kHz. currenly using rca audioquest diamondbacks interconnects but will be using balanced same brand later.
Although this amp is almost 10yr old but still running flawless. I like the auto biasing so it runs not very hot on 10-25% volumes and gets better as you pump it up for long.

Purchased At:   used store

Submitted by Jerry O a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
My dad just off-loaded this unit to me. I'm using it to drive my Martin Logan SL3's. It matches my speaker load wonderfully. It's one of the most neutral, clean, dimensional amps I've heard (tube or ss). I believe it's an excellent match for tough to drive speakers.

Submitted by jsd52756 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
I recentry purchased this unit to power my Infinity Rennaisance 90's from "The Basement" in Calgary (thanks Myles!) I wanted a unit to match the max power recommendations from Infinity for these speakers (200 watts @ 4ohms). I have to say that this unit powers the Ren 90's with authority and delicacy just as I had hoped. It brought out the base in these difficult to power units while maintaining the crisp & sweet highs these speakers are known for. I was able to set up the system in a nice large room for a few days while the family was out of town & I am in awe. The sound came out with the cleanliness and depth like I have never experienced. From Jazz to Rock & Roll to the newest Techno, the definition and control is supperb. Fatique of the listener is eliminated which allows one to hang out for hours and be in musical bliss. Ease of installation and equiped with two set of outputs for bi-wiring is really nice. The amp takes some time to get fired up while it runs through the initialization process, but not annoyingly so. I can tell by the sound of the relay activating and the look of the components inside that nothing was spared in the quality department. The power supply is huge and the four capacitors are the size of soup cans. All this comes out in the final product of two channel heaven. If you have a pair of the Ren 90's I highly recommend this amp. I have not, and may never, have this amp past 1/2 volume on the pre-amp. At this setting three of the four power lamps are lit. Not yet reaching the peak power it is capable of. At peak power it would probably blow the fur off the cat! My compliments to Krell and their engineers. Now I just need to add another 1000 square feet to my house for heaven to be on earth.

System;
Krell 200-s amp
Yamaha CX-1 pre-amp (nice three setting phono section.)
Infinity Rennaisance 90 speakers
Sony SCD333ES CD player
Technics SL1210-MK2 with Grado Platinum cartridge
Monster IR 2 interconnects
Monster m2.4s bi-wire speaker cable

Purchased At:   The Basement, Calgar

Submitted by ben zachary a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
cloud nine.thia amp is strongly recommended

Purchased At:   4900

Submitted by justin synettnyc a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2001

Bottom Line:
best amplifier i have ever auditioned.they do not just rate it stereophile class a for no reason

Purchased At:   dealer