Krell KAV-2250 Amplifiers

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The elegant Krellcoat exterior hides the powerhouse that resides within this amplifier. Refined reproduction and overwhelming power defines the KAV-2250. Utilizing technology developed in the Krell Full Power Balanced amplifiers including oversized power supplies, Krell Current Mode circuitry, and balanced signal paths, this amplifier is ideal for use in stereo music and movie soundtrack reproduction.

Submitted by tonight a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2006

Bottom Line:
An excellent value and performer, at used or new price. Previously used CJ MF-2250 solid state amp. An excellent amp, but once I plugged this in there was no looking back. Music sounds more "live," with solid bass, precision sound-stage, vocals anchored solidly to center. Midrange is clear and detailed, same with the highs. Overall performance comes closer to live music than any other I have heard. Never runs out of gas regardless of demands of the music, simply does not quit. Not sure what to attribute this to, perhaps it is the Class-A opperation (up to the output stage), the huge transformer, 12 large capacitors and tremendous parts quality. Runs warm, but not hot. Performs best when power cord is not touching any interconnects or speaker cables, this makes a huge differene and great care should be taken on this front. Balanced inputs sound better than using the RCA's. I've compared it to other high end amps in the same price range and it outperforms them. It's not cheap, but I believe it does deliver the results. And I have done my homework on the subject with numerous other amps I have auditioned.

Purchased At:   Spearit

Submitted by dmx a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2004

Bottom Line:
I spend 65% of my time listening to music and/or watching concerts, 100% of my listening is in multi-channel. The 2250 and the Krell TAS combination are relentless, they never slow down and they are always engaging.I have about 150 hours on the units now and they do need the burn in time, they have filled in quite a bit since I plugged them in.

Purchased At:   Harveys