Harman Kardon Signature 2.1 Amplifiers

4.67/5 (36 Reviews) MSRP : $1500.00

5-Channel Power Amplifier - 120 Watts

Submitted by JGcurmudgeon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2011

Bottom Line:
Bought 1st appx. 13 years ago, have since acquired 3 more,3 currently in use. I'm using them in a bandpass configuration driving 14 mids(6 polk rt-800),one driver/one channel. Crossed over via 2 dbx 223 crossovers,from appx.70 Hz to2.2KHz,leaves plenty of headroom. Also EQd w/dbx1231 3rd octave equalizer as well as 2(1l+1r)rolls RPQ160b parametric EQs(primarily for source abberations & their associated room resonances) The high pass is taken care of by ADS, low pass by Crest Audio. With the simplest possible(I think)signal to reproduce,these h/k amps do an amazing job. Cone excursion is limited by bandwidth,leaving ample transient capability at very high volume, that is,they'l knock your head off! Give them the right working conditions & as has been stated by others,they perform as much higher dollar amps do.Mine sometimes run a little hot since I drive 'em hard(NO clipping),but I still don't Know what the protect indicator looks like. Bottom line: I love 'em, but each to their own, isn't that what this hobby(read OCD) is all about? Thanks,JG

Submitted by lefty11 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2011

Bottom Line:
Wow Wow Wow!!!!!!!
Woke up a tired system. My Denon 3802 is now doing duty as the Pre/Pro to the
HK. What a difference umm Clarity,dynamics volume to spare spare spare.
Truly a quality product and built like a tank. Add a barrel to this thing and it would
do serious damage.Massive power supply never gets tired even in the most dynamic movie.
Multi Channel SACD blossom using an Oppo BVD-83 as the transporter.
I live in the movies now even breathing takes your breath away.
And go the thing on Craigslist for $200 when it was $1599 new.
Understated but elegant casing with the Signature lited up in blue when its on and exudes raw
power tn hedonism.
Would take the breath away and command attention in any system 2 or 3 times its oridginal price.
Legendary Harmon Kardon Musicality.
Need I say more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't it takes the words right out of noes mouth.
Steal Steal Steal in my quest for Audio sound maybe never to be matched for Price/Value Ratio may end
up surviving many rounds ofthe Upgrade bug/addiction.
I'm drunk with pleasure!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by Zeinth a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
Picked up the 2.1 and the matching tuner at a garge sale...

still had the fry's price tag on the tuner..asked the owner...HOW MUCH??

He said..well..how bout 10 dollars a unit.....

so i bought the 2 pc's..for 20..then saw the fry's price tag...2.199.00

uuhh..WHAT?

i MEAN THE AMP IS HEAVY..SO I GOOGLE THE UNIT....WWWHHHHAT!!
900 BONES??

I went back..he also sold me an onkyp intergra 304 m and an onkyo 504 m for 10 dollars a pc..=20

so for 40 bucks..IAM STOKED...already blew up the denon speakers...

mabie a ill get lucky and find some speackers that can handle this power!!

Submitted by smallfisheye a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought it for $550. Excellent amp. When I used Yamaha receiver as the preamp to push my Dali speakers, the control (full range) is fair enough. Then I used Lexicon MC-1 as processor/preamp, Yamaha to control side speakers.Wow, amazing. It is worth $1000 at least. Comparing my proceed AMP-5 that was runned in same condition, it is only tiny (1-5%) rough on high frequency over-tone range. Just little.

Submitted by lkkla a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2006

Bottom Line:
Got this one off ebay, and it has been in my system for 3 months so far. This is one excellent HT amp from H.K. Use it as a HT amp it exceed and equal most HT amp that in its price range. Bass is tight and lighting fast,mid is clean and clear and top is sweet and extend. When I first hooked it up to my Denon avr 6800 receiver using the preamp outputs I was blow away by it performance, so much more details, although the power is rated less than my receiver but don't be fool it's just feel much more powerful than my receiver which is rate at 140watt per ch. Just for fun I connected it to my Apogee Studio Grand for 2 channel pure music listening and out of my surprise it sounded very transparent, the vocal is sweet and a bit on the warm side, the soundstage is accurate and bit layback compaired to my Krell and the very bottom end is bit shine of the best but I am coompair it with the amp that cost 5 to 6 times the $$$ I paid for this otherwise wonderful HT amp. This amp is best suite for HT setup but unless are you the most critical and discreet listener you won't be disappointed and for the money I paid, I cannot be more than happy.

60.0 WA BLACK: