Harman Kardon PA 2000 Amplifiers

4.25/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $249.00

Designed to power loudspeakers in other parts of your house – or to add extra home cinema channels for 7.1 surround, the PA 2000 delivers 4 x 45 watts or 2 x 100 watts. Special circuitry maintains signal integrity over long cabling distances, so you can enjoy high fidelity anywhere in your home. Fanless cooling for ultraquiet operation and automatic, music-sensing power on/off are featured, too.

Submitted by pendergast a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2006

Bottom Line:
The only reason I got this power amplifier was to power an extra 2 speakers (for 7.1). Bear in mind the extra surround back were small Jamo bookshelf speakers. So I really never got to put the power amp to the test.
Well, when searching on the internet for a new dvd player I came across the PA 2000 (which I already had one). This PA 2000 was going for a price I could resist.

The result was unreal! Hooked the PA2000 to my 200w 4-ohms Jamo speaker and the difference was so noticeable!
I felt like I getting full results from the speaker!

The PA 2000 is quite, no fans and 2 x 100w in 8-ohms channels or 4 x 45watts

I was so happy with it I purchase another 2.

I know have 4 PA 2000 running I couldn't be happier.

Purchased At:   Internet

Submitted by eaglescorpio1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2005

Bottom Line:
I think it is a 2001. I don't know. Anyways, I bought this off of a friend for 75 bucks and he only wanted me to pay him 50. I couldn't let him screw himself like that. This amp is bad!!! I have this amp bridged pushing two DCM KX 12's and those speakers shake the entire house even with the sub turned off. The amp never gets hot to the touch at all and has never gone into protection and those speakers are 4-ohm speakers. Bridged!!! This amp has helped the home theater I have go that extra step I needed for the front channels. This amp is recommended highly by me personally. Get one if you can especially if it is under 100 bucks. It is worth it.

Purchased At:   friend

Submitted by polkmaniac a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2004

Bottom Line:
I absolutely love this amplifier. Typicaly harman kardon abundance of power...

I have a pair of Polk RTi150s for front speakers, and these beasts needs lots of juice. Since they're bi-ampable, I decided to throw another amp on them, besides the one in the receiver.

So I grabbed this PA2000 for duty on the subs in these speakers...am very impressed..

This amp is conservatively rated at 100WPC and provides plenty of CLEAN power.

I've tried other amps from Adcom and NAD, but I personally like this one the best, just think it has the most guts to drive the 150s

By the way, I'm running this in bridged mode...

I like the music sense technology that automatically turns power to the channels on when a signal is received via the inputs...a nice extra..

Purchased At:   Online Forum Contact

Submitted by pborsh a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
I blew the front channels on my H/K reciever so I bought this inxpensive amp to power them. I am very impressed at the preformance. The amp is extremely quite and has not over heated once. Sometimes I use the amp for 12-14 hour listening sessions with no problem.

Purchased At:   OneCall.com