Harman Kardon AVI200 MKII Amplifiers

Integrated Amplifier - Dolby Pro Logic (1996-1997)

Submitted by wije a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
This was my fisrt HK amplifier. My previous ones were Technics, Pioneer and Marantz (early 80's models) used during my Uni days. This amplifier works wonders with my Technics Speakers. The power it generates is really wall shaking. I recently upgraded this amp with H/K AVR 65 (to joint the fratenity of DD and DTS) and also upgraded by front speakers to AE Aegis One. When playing straight stereo using AVR 65, the sound does not contain enough details as AVI200. So I have decided to stay with AVI200 for my straight stereo listening and with AVR 65 for my home theater enjoyment. I am enjoying the sound of AVI 200 tremendously and will stay with this amo for music only listening for a long time to come.

Purchased At:   Hwee Seng Malaysia

Submitted by wije a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2002

Purchased At:   Hwee Seng Malaysia

Submitted by Stew Jerrim a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
Amplifier is only used by me as a stereo amp through Mission 701's. To me reproduction of my sort of music - which tends to be more of the trance/house/club variety has not been matched by systems costing four or five times as much.
This may or may not be due to the speakers, but certainly the difference betwene the old Rotel and this unit is, well, they simply aren't in the same league really.
Not much else to add really - great Amp, even if it is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Purchased At:   Harmon Kardon AV100 Dolby Pro-Logic

Submitted by Steve B a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
Bought this about six months ago new from Frye's for $199 - Amazing what good deals you can get on something with "Only five channel surround and not 5.1"

Hey, nice quality parts. Fine remote and it runs my 4ohm speakers without overheating. One really nice feature is the ability to put any recording device into the VCR1 output and route a different signal than what your sending the tape deck.

The display panel automatically dimming when you put it in "go to sleep in XX minutes" mode is a nice touch.

Solid, lots of power, I don't think HK has anything out now that touches this in terms of bang for the buck - especially as a two channel stereo amp as its main use

Submitted by Jeremy Andringa a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 10, 1999

Bottom Line:
I wanted enough power to push my Infinity SM 125 and something with a sound stage. Well I found it in this amp, it was only $300 in the box new and it preforms great for the price.

Sennheiser: