Enlightened Audio Designs PowerMaster 1000 Amplifiers

Power amplifier

Submitted by Jimworx a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
I've had the unit for over a year now and the unit is simply incredible. I've owned gear from SF, Mark Levinson, Mc Cormack, Theta, Acurus, Adcom, Parasound, Sunfire, Krell, Cary and numerous other companies, but the Powermaster is the one that I have yet to find fault with. This thing is incredible. The unit is dead quiet. Amazingly transparent and musical. I'm really surprised that EAD does not charge more for the unit. One look at the faceplate and you'll see what I mean...

If you find one, jump on it. You won't be sorry.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by bachlogic101 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
After fighting going from 2 channel to HT I decided to make the plunge and decided on the EAD. Let me tell you, this amp is all it's cracked up to be. In 2 channel it is sweet. Loud and uncolored. In HT it does what it's supposed to do. I would highly recommend this amp to anyone who can still find one.

Submitted by skraggle a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is my fourth 5-channel amp, and unless they start giving away Dreadnaughts for free, also my last.

Simply put, I can't imagine what could possibly be better than this. This amp, in conjunction with my EAD Ovation Plus, offers me gorgeous two-channel, with plenty of air, delicacy and punch. (When used in two-channel, it pools all available power and offers it the active channels. This effectively makes it into a 2X500 stero amp.)

When it comes time for a DVD, it rises to that challenge as well, pouring forth gobs of clean power to make voices clear and distinct, soundtracks especially moving, and special effects that startle.

It's dead quiet, runs lukewarm, and the connections and fit/finish are superb.

If you can find one (bring lots of cash), pounce on it and never let it go. That's my plan.

Submitted by Titus Tolson a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
After spending time with the PM1000, I still find it to be the perfect amp for me. I finally got to use it in a ht setup and all I can say is WOW! My center channel sounds more open and detailed than before. The rears are more dynamic and present than before. There is something to having an amp with more power and dynamics. And the way the PM1000 takes control of the mains is still amazing. I just can't stop listening. I did replace the original stock cable with a PS Audio Lab Cable. There is better bass and a little bit more detail. If you can find a Powermaster 1000 you should get one.

My Components:

PSB Goldi (mains)
PSB C6i (center)
PSB Bronze (rears)
PSB 3i subs (2)
PSB Subsonic 5 sub (coupled with C6i)
Sony JE520 Minidisc Recorder
Phillips CD Burner
PS Audio 300
TMC Yellow, White, Gold Truly Bi-wire

Price Paid:    $2099.00

Purchased At:   Avalon Audio Video

Submitted by Anthony a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
I can't add too much more, but this amp makes my Goldi's sing! Great HT 5 channel amp.

PANAMAX: