Crown Power-Tech 2 Amplifiers

4.75/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $1475.00

320 watts

Submitted by dj mez a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2009

Bottom Line:
Own a power t-3 crown amp,for over 10+ yrs highly rated *Only bad thing very heavy unit. 40lbs

Submitted by Bob Foresman a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
I love this amp. I run a mobile DJ company and we now use nothing but crown amps. The type of performance that you get from this amp is unbelievable. This amp will deliver lots of raw energy fast. My company has Three PT 2's,and Three PT 3's. I work at Purdue University as a Sound Tech and we use the flagship Crown Macro Tech Series. These are great amps but they are power hungry and very expensive compaired to the Power Tech Series. Crown Power Tech series is in my book one of the best small sound reinforcement amps made. And with Crowns 3 yr no fault guarantee how can you beat it.

Purchased At:   Prosound

Submitted by Alejandro Westphal a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
I feel that this kind of amplifier is the best purchase in a long term basis, I use it to watch TV and to listen Cd's, I am involved in the audiophile World since many years and I found that this AMPS are the best of the best, the only thing that I found is that it has not an attractive design to compete with others.

Purchased At:   Mexico City

Submitted by Mike K a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 18, 1998

Bottom Line:
Wow is all I can say about this amp! It is the cleanest sounding amp I have ever heard. The bass is incredably tight, the Damping Factor is the highest I have ever seen >1000 from 10Hz to 400Hz. That means the larger the number, more control the amp has over the speakers, which means tighter and cleaner bass responce. Trust me I read all the facts on Audio products and listen to all types of systems, but the Damping Factor is by far the most important factor to consider when choosing a amp for low frequency. I was told that Slew Rates are the ticket(speed of the amp), they say the faster the better. The research I have done tells me that is not the best thing for clean sound. Some times going too fast has its own set of problems. The amp's Slew Rate only needs to be large (fast) enough to deliver the maximum voltage at the highest requried frequency. Higher slew rates actually allow undesirable ultrasonic and radio frequencies to be reproduced. The Power Tech amps control the slew rate to the highest frequencies that it reproduces.
In plain terms, I have a Carver TFM-25 (fair amp) it cannot come close to the Power Tech. I also own a Hafler P-3000 (very good amp) but for low end bass seems loose or muddy, compared to the Power Tech. The Hafler was my favorite choice for a long time. Until you hear each amp words cannot express the vast differences.

Mike