Classe CAV-75 Amplifiers

75 Watt 6-channel Amp

Submitted by Daniele Alunni a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
I'm currently using this amp with a Meridian 561 pre-processor and 5 ProAc Response 2.5, actually i've set it in bridged mode were it deliver a genuine 230 Watt per channel and it drives the front and centre. I choose it comparing to the krell's (that are excellent amps) for it's sweeter midrange and high band, the soundstage and for not being too forwarded. I suggest to use it with floorstand loudspeaker for it's control but check by yourself with bookshelf. It sound delicious with all music but i found it really superior with Classical simphony's were can handle all the orchestra without becaming confused or muddle. In absolute terms this is an hi-end amp, but, as you can easily imagine there are better sounding amps, for this reason i gave it 4 star, but i think that the value is very high if you are looking for a multichannel amplifier this is a true 'best buy'

Submitted by Rod a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have this amplifier setup in a Home Theater and also listen to 2 channel. I listen more to 2 channel therefore musicality was paramount and Theater setup secondary to my needs. I can say without a doubt that the Classe is much more musical than the Bryston. the midbass, midrange and treble region cannot be touched. The Bryston although very good seemed too bright in my particular speaker setup of Totem Model One Signature Theater setup with a Velodyne HGS-12 running the lowest regions of the Bass frequencies. Peering into the Chassis of both amplifiers, the Bryston seems to have an edge in build quality but the Classe more than makes up for it in price and sound quality. I am currently using a Yamaha RX-V 995 for the Preamp/Processor section, but will add either the Classe' SSP 25 or the Proceed AVP Preamp/Processor (if the budget permits). then we will see how everything shapes up.
I gave the Classe an overall rating of 4 only because I have heard higher end amplifiers that do sound better. I highly recommend this amplifier, but remember always trust your ears and pocket book as you may have different tastes. Before you buy,try the amplifiers with the speakers you are going to match it with.
Cheers and happy listening!!!

Premier Mounts: