Classe CA-300 Amplifiers

4.92/5 (12 Reviews) MSRP : $4250.00

300 watts

Submitted by dirk leistra a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2012

Bottom Line:
hallo beste audio luisteraars ik had hier voor een classe 25 ook een geweldige eind
kwam ook van een vriend van mij en nu van hem de ca 300 wat een versterker gebruik hem samen met een classe cp 60 wadia 23 avalon eidelon ls wat voor muziek ik ook draai zo veel rust en ontzettend veel diepte het laag is heel krachtig alles in balans komt ook door

+combinatie met de kabels en interlinks en de perfekte akkoestiek van mijn jaren 37 woning
het is de rolls onder de versterkers zwaar en degelijk gebouwd

Submitted by Karl N a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought mine used from a local dealer who told me it would be the last amp I would ever need. I drive Maggie 1.6s with it and have driven the speakers with 4 different amps. The classe is by far the best. I have compared it to the Bryston 4Bsst (Magnepan uses this amp in thier listening room) and find it to be superior ie not so "dry"
It will drive the Maggies cleanly to very loud levels.I can't think of anything that it dosen't do extremely well.
I have put a better power cord on it and turned the LED arround so it shows green when on and red when in protection mode ( why woudln't Classe have done that?
Only downside is that I can't move it very easily, and I leave it on all the time and the cat likes to sleep on it
It is the last amp I will ever need.

Submitted by cbb a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
I think I've found "the last amp I'll ever need"! This thing is terrific. As long as I don't have to lift it, it would require a fork lift! Sound is great, although I'm running it with a CP-50 so it's not surprising that they pair well. I love it, and finally have no reason to consider other amps. Great sound, effortless no matter what I throw at it. Highly recommended. And no, you can't have mine! :)

Submitted by Bob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this amp 2nd hand from the original owner after auditioning several different products. I listen 60% to 2-channel audio and 40% to home theater. The CA-300 powers my pair of Magnepan MG 1.6QR effortlessly at any volume. These Magies are known to be quite power demanding and I can say for certain that this amp can deliver all that is required of it without breaking a sweat.

I compared the Classe’ with the Krell KAV-250, B&R Reference amp, Linn, and a few others. My personal opinion was the Krell was to bright and lacked the depth in sound stage that I was looking for. It did have plenty of power but I did not feel it was a good match for the Magies. The B&K just did not have the power on demand and continually would fall apart at high volume. The Linn was a close 2nd to the Classe’. It did a truly superb job bringing out the inner detail from some of my favorite recordings. It had no trouble powering the Magies for 2-channel audio. It did seem to lack the power on demand required for home theater applications which is why I ultimately decided on the Classe’.

I have been buying and selling amps for as long as I can remember. For the first time ever I think I can finally say I have found the perfect amp for my Magies.

SYSTEM

Magnepan MG 1.6QR (front)
Magnepan MG 12 (rear)
Sunfire TG (processor)

Purchased At:   2nd Owner

Submitted by Bruce a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
STILL ONE OF THE BEST AMPS IN THE BUSINESS.

TARA LABS: