Chord SPM 600 Amplifiers

• 130 watts rms per channel
  • Single-ended connections
  • Dynamic Coupling technique

Submitted by carlos ferreira a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2008

Bottom Line:
Have this little big fellow for an few years now and must say that of many amps i´ve heard over the last years i´m sure this one will go to the grave with me,matched wiht the 3200 cpa also from Chord it´s a match made in heaven

Purchased At:   Linha 18

Submitted by htlover a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2006

Bottom Line:
This is one of the best power amp for its price point. I have compared it with many amps including parasound, denon avc a1, plinius sa102, 9200, primare, musical fidelity, moon etc etc.. but nothing matched the imaging, clarity, detail and sounstaging of this product. It is also a versatile amp which caters for my varied taste in music which varies from jazz to dance and everything in between.
It is also absolutaly awesome in its home theater application. I was pleasantly delighted with its perfomance as a Hometheater amp.
It is one of the best audio phile and hometheater amp I have heard.

Submitted by Bigaloe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2005

Bottom Line:
This power amp,is the partner to the matching pre-amp CPA 2200 (see review) again superbly built and finished.
It is rated at 130 watts per channel into 8 ohms,is unconditionally stable,has two pairs of speaker terminals for easy biwiring or powering speakers in another room.
It is fast and powerful,many a time I have been sat in the listening chair with a grin from ear to ear,hearing old favourites with a new dynamic.In fact the sound can be quite breathtaking with orchestral crescendos,then, back down to the quietist oboe or flute,where you appreciate the amp's almost non existant noise floor.Soundstage and imaging are good.This amp is a joy to use and look at.There seems to be a synergy between Chord amps and B&W nautilus speakers,i have the 803's.

Chord SPM 600 VS Plinius SA102 VS Bryston 4BST with Dynaudio Contour S3.4

I am looking at a power amp for my dynaudio contour S3.4. My room size is 4 meters by 6 meters (distance between speakers and me 4 meters). I am at a loss to figure out which 2 channel power amp to choose for my system. Which amp would be the best match for my Dyn S3.4. I will also be looking at l ... Read More »

Chord SPM 600 power amplifier

Please update your excellent site by adding the Chord SPM 600 power amplifier,manufactured by Chord electronics,their website is: [url]www.chordelectronics.co.uk[/url]Read More »

Wood Technology: