Carver Audio TFM-15Cb Amplifiers

4.09/5 (32 Reviews) MSRP : $550.00

100 watts (1992-1997)

Submitted by FlameHazeShana a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2010

Bottom Line:
While i was out getting parts for my DJ system, i picked up a lot of carver amplifiers, and this little amp ended up being one of the amps i found. Because i don't have the parts i need, i don't have a pre amp for this amplifer, but i'm in hopes of getting one. I will start by saying that Carver has never failed to impress me, and this amp does a great job. It only has hit 25 watts so far and hasn't done much more. but that is because of the pre amp isn't installed. I have this amp driving my JBL truck speaker, and my Black phantom Pro Pyle driver speakers. It is loud already, at 25 WATTS! i can't wait to get a pre amp. If you want to see the amp in action, look for RAVE SYSTEM TEST 12 on youtube by bait 28

Submitted by Shana a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2010

Submitted by Leu a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2005

Bottom Line:
I am a mobile DJ as a hobby. I was doing a show using this cute little amp for the monitor.

I picked the amp up at a pawn shop for very little; I don't think the owner of the shop knew what it was. I had seen the Carver name at audiophile shops but knew nothing about them. I was amazed by the sound when I tested it on some 15 inch speakers. It worked flawlessly.

At a show I was running a Crown CE2000 when of all things, it got lit on fire by a mishap by a fire dancer. Being that I only DJ as a hobby, I did not have a full power backup amplifier, so the Carver ended up being the main amp being used.

At 100 watts output I was worried that it would be anemic sounding, but I was pleasantly surprized. The sound was not as loud as one might like for a night of dancing, it was loud enough to have fun. Pushed to its limits, this amp also put out clear sound. This was in a 4000 square foot club.

Since then I have begun to use it as the amplifier for some Paradigm bookshelf speakers attached to my computer, something it is doing equally well.

This amp is small, light, durable, and puts out as good of sound as my ears can discern. The output level needles are easy to read and attractive, there are separate attenuators for left and right, and it has both an input and an output section making it useful for chaining it with other amps.

Honestly, I cannot see much to say against it. New I would have gladly paid perhaps US$300 for it. If you find one of these on Ebay or in a shop for below $200, give it a look. I am rather satisfied and am sold on teh brand name.

Purchased At:   Pawn Shop

Submitted by Joekin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have two 100 watts stereo/280 bridged Tfm - 15 Cb's.I run them bridged.They are vary musical.Most important is that they are silent.Only the music comes through.I have had to have one fixed, bad relay and ground.Overall a solid well built amp.Well worth the $$ for the used ones.I got the secound one for $ 170.00 on E- Bay.

Purchased At:   Crutchfield

Submitted by haque a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2004

Bottom Line:
very good amp in it's class. sounds beter then many audiophil hi-end amp. good value for money.good bild.recomended.

Purchased At:   Ebay